• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Reflector Bezel Gasket

franklinair

I had an original '68 coupe (late year model) with the chrome bezel reflectors on the rear quarters. The bezels had a black rubber gasket between the bezel and the quarter panel.
In recent years I've noticed many late '68's that the bezel is mounted directly to the quarter panel (no gasket), including my current C/S.
I don't know if these gaskets were applied at ALL the Ford plants, or if they were eliminated over the years through paint jobs, repairs, etc.
I have found these gasket sets at Mustangs Unlimited. Their P/N= MLG1, $13.95 + shipping. I just put them on my car - reasonable quality, good fit.
Thought I'd pass this info on, for interested owners.
Neil Hoppe

P.S.
The P/N on the package says "Replaces:C8WY-13493"

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Bump

Does anyone know the history of these pads? For example did all late '68 Mustangs have them. I read somewhere that the pads were discontinued after a few months so not all Mustangs with this style of reflector had the pads.

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

My info is kinda sketchy. The one I mentioned was an original car (I was the 2nd owner). Most late '68's I see do not have this rubber gasket, and I've heard that the P/N is for Cougars. I put them on any '68 I have because I think they look better, and I never cared for the metal reflector frame chafing against the painted surface.

Neil