• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Help a sister out please, car fire

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

If Mike doesn't have the air cleaner, I think I have one that would be correct, but it's missing the snorkel. I also have a pair of shock tower braces, if those were damaged.

Steve

I have an air cleaner and snorkle

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Donna,

WOW, am I sorry to hear about your car. BUT it looks repairable, and nobody was hurt.

I live in Loveland, CO and have a nice 10 X 6 enclosed trailer. I'm not sure where you are located, but I would be willing to shuttle parts from or to Des Moines, Kansas City, Albuq, NM, points north, northwest, and west of Denver.

Pretty much any where within in a 700 mile circle around Denver.

Lemme know. Dave

Thank you so much Dave, that is beyond generous.

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Okay. I need to call you Neil because right now we are looking for a complete wiring harness and a dash pad...

Bret did you check out those pieces you mentioned? I got laughed at a gazillion years ago before all the Mustang parts and restoration shops were around and I searched high and low for a complete steering wheel..in green. Preserverance paid off and I found one in excellent condition FOR $30.00 !!! Horn rings alone went for $50 at the time.
Work commences this week on my car. The shop said they could have sold it, as is, everyday to customers who have to walk past it to get in the front door.

franklinair

I have them both. Original harness in decent shape, an original dashpad in very good shape. (What color do you want it?)
PM me a shipping address.

Neil:cool:

CALIF GIRL

In case I haven't said it lately I LOVE THE GREAT PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.....reading through this thread with all the offers sent out- it is just wonderful.

somethingspecial

Carb?

Donna, Is your car a 2V or 4V carb? If 4V, do you need a carb? I have an Autolite 4V 4300 carb off my J code. If you need it, I will send it to Rob for rebuild and he can send it to you when he is done. Let me know. It has a 69 date code, but will work for your car. Mike

68 special

Donna, I'm waiting for them to send pictures of the steering wheel, pillar and knee pad and also door panels.

Also, this Sat is the local early auto swap meet, so I'll be on the lookout there as well.

I'll keep you posted

Bret

CougarCJ

Donna, Is your car a 2V or 4V carb? If 4V, do you need a carb? I have an Autolite 4V 4300 carb off my J code. If you need it, I will send it to Rob for rebuild and he can send it to you when he is done. Let me know. It has a 69 date code, but will work for your car. Mike

Donna's car is a C code - 289-2V.

somethingspecial

Thanks Scott. I saw that in the Registry, but wasn't sure if it had been upgraded to a 4V. You never know.

68 special

Donna, turns out that the door panels and steering wheel are Deluxe and I don't believe that your interior was Deluxe. Also, did yours have the pillar pads and knee pad??

I pictures of them all, but for the life of me I'm not computer savvy enough to upload them. That's why there aren't any pics in my Garage either. :(:(

So, I can send them to your email or maybe someone else can upload them.

Bret

68 special

Thanks Doug, I sent them to Neil, since he is gathering parts. We worked out a deal with the seller.

Bret

Mosesatm

For those who are not familiar with Donna or her car click here and forward through the book preview until you get to the lime gold GT/CS with white stripes.

franklinair

Got the dashpad dyed Dark Ivy Gold.
Dash harness is about ready. I'm marking the connectors,
and need to re-do the fuse box.

Neil

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 47

CalGal68

Donna, so sorry to read about this! I obviously haven't been on here in a while but I wish you the best in getting it all taken care of. ~ Debra

Mustanger

Hi Donna,

Any updates on your car? I hope that things are okay and moving forward :thumb: ...

Mosesatm

Donna sent me these photos a couple weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0174 (2) (1000x750).jpg
    IMG_0174 (2) (1000x750).jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8978 (2) (1000x855).jpg
    IMG_8978 (2) (1000x855).jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 72