• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1968 hcs

dankueber

Hey everyone I was hoping that you could help me out. Over the past ten years my grandfather and I have been looking for a 1968 HCS or GT/CS to work on. Back when my grandfather was stationed in Colorado Springs while in the Air Force he bought a '68 HCS in Aspen Gold. He managed to hang onto the car for the next 30 plus years and took great care of it even through the Wisconsin winters. Long story short he sold the car around 2003 to help my mom make ends meet during a rough patch. Eleven years later we've reached a pretty firm position in life. I'm 19 now and currently working/going to College near home in Illinois and I would love to surprise him with the car that he would to take out and use as his getaway. It would also be great to spend some well needed time with him. Thank you.

68 special

Can you by any chance get a VIN number or have pictures? Maybe he has some old pics laying around.

Bret

66hcs-conv

There is a guy on this forum that has a "hobby' of keeping track of High Country Specials. BUT I think he only does 66-67 HCS cars?

You might try him - highcountrybob - on this forum.

If you would have the color, engine/trans, or any other information about the car, that would be a big help.

Thanks, Dave

hicountrybob

There is a guy on this forum that has a "hobby' of keeping track of High Country Specials. BUT I think he only does 66-67 HCS cars?

You might try him - highcountrybob - on this forum.

If you would have the color, engine/trans, or any other information about the car, that would be a big help.

Thanks, Dave

No, Dave, I track ALL 3 years of the HCS cars as well as the '67 Ski Country Special. Bob Teets here at 303-424-3866 in Denver Co. Evenings best.

Mosesatm

I found 9 Sunlit Gold (Aspen Gold wasn't a '68 color) '68 HCSs in the registry. We definitely need more information to narrow down the search.

hookedtrout

Are you looking for the specific car he used to own or just looking for a GT/CS or HCS to get started again? I guess I read it different than some of the reply's. Would be awesome to find the same car again!

BroadwayBlue

Are you looking for the specific car he used to own or just looking for a GT/CS or HCS to get started again? I guess I read it different than some of the reply's. Would be awesome to find the same car again!

I had the same question as Cory. I didn't think you were looking for that specific car but an available HCS or GT/CS to purchase.

OP
OP
D

dankueber

Hey thanks for getting back to me so quickly. My first post was pretty vague. It does not have to be the original car that my grandfather purchased. I realize it would be almost impossible to find the car let alone do it without some original paperwork. I have been doing my best to search for photos and any sort of documents on the car or even find the buyer with some help from the family on the off chance it is still out there. I know that my grandfathers car came with a 302 and was automatic which isn't much I know. Ideally I would like to find a '68 HCS or GT/CS that is not restored but still is a nice building block for my grandfather and me. Again thank you.