• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Plasma LED 1157 Bulbs

CougarCJ

I know at least one of you stumbled upon the super bright Plasma LED 1157 tail light bulbs that we are marketing for Cougars. Since my under dash / tail light wiring harnesses, and tail lights are in a box. I will bring them to work and hook them up to the test board and make sure that they work on our GT/CS's

franklinair

I just installed them in my Highland Green CS. Had problem at first- I installed 3 of them in the right tail light assembly, and the low intensity portion didn't work. I then installed the other 3 in the left tail light, and voila , all worked fine. VERY bright.
I think the initial glitch was caused by the 3 incandescent bulbs pulling all the current, preventing the LED's from illuminating. After I had all 6 LED's installed the current draw was balanced, and all worked fine.
If you choose to use these LED bulbs (I highly recommend) you'll need a low amp flasher due to the low current required. I'm very pleased with the outcome. (I stayed with the non sequential set up.)

Neil

mustangman-nl

Bulbs

Hello Neil and Scott,

Were can I order these bulbs? Neil what do you mean with the low amp flasher? Were can I order these low amp flasher and were is it placed in the car (under the dash?

Reiny

franklinair

I ordered mine through West Coast Classic Cougar. You will also need their Flasher unit (Part # 26697) to replace the original Turn Signal Flasher behind the dash.
This is because the LED bulbs draw so little current the old type will not function.
I am very pleased with the light intensity & display.

Neil

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

Tested and work well, as Neil said, no mixing bulbs.

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

Thanks guys!! Sadley the ask $50.00 shipping cost!!

Reiny

Reiny, for small items weighing less than 5 lbs. UPS Mail Innovations, is by far the least expensive. About $5 per pound to most countries.