• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Seattle GT/CS family welcomes PMN to the Northwest!

aemoo28

Okay Seattle GT/CS chapter.

I'm organizing a dinner Tuesday night March 24th in Seattle with Paul and Leia. They're coming up to put Mom Newitt to rest.

Anyone who'd like to attend, PM me or reply here.

P

PNewitt

Wish I could be there. Give the old geezer my regards!!

Neil

Wish you could be there too, Neil...

Old Geezer? Yikes! Ya hit 52, and you're reminded with an AARP magazine in the mail!

We're taking a quick side trip to Emerald City (Seattle) for my other side project--a scale model Space Needle (no time influence against the book).

It will be great to see the Pac NW Mustangers! (just as long as I don't get roped into re-gluing a rear view mirror on "a certain black GT/CS".....

A big thanks to those who come out for a fun evening of food and conversation.

Paul !! :)

68 special

Amy, what time did you have in mind? I'm juggling kids sports and work.

Thanks Bret

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Thinking 6 or 7pm, Maggie's Bluff, at the Elliot Bay Marina in Seattle. Under the Magnolia Bridge. It's low key/burgers with a great menu and view. Underneath the Palisades restaurant. See the directions page because it's tricky to get to.

Most important of all, it's got a huge parking lot for our '68 Specials!

Which time works best for everyone? I say 6pm because we have a better chance of immediate seating since they don't take reservations (even though I have tried), and sunlight for photo shoots.

http://www.r-u-i.com/mag/

TraveledGTCS

As I mentioned in my PM I plan on being there. I won't be able to drive my 68 Special since I'm having front disc brakes put on - getting harder to stop with the old drums. I'll be driving my 2000 GT Convertible. (I will wear my GT/CS Hat and T-Shirt though.)
Tanner and I will make a day of it. We'll probaby take in Magnolia Park while we're at it. He'll like that - hopefully it is pet friendly - if not I think there's another park nearby where we'll go. Hopefully the weather will be decent - at least per the weather outlook, it is suppose to be partly sunny - but this is Washington so one never knows.

Bill

TraveledGTCS

As I mentioned in my PM I plan on being there. I won't be able to drive my 68 Special since I'm having front disc brakes put on - getting harder to stop with the old drums. I'll be driving my 2000 GT Convertible. (I will wear my GT/CS Hat and T-Shirt though.)
Tanner and I will make a day of it. We'll probaby take in Magnolia Park while we're at it. He'll like that - hopefully it is pet friendly - if not I think there's another park nearby where we'll go. Hopefully the weather will be decent - at least per the weather outlook, it is suppose to be partly sunny - but this is Washington so one never knows.

Bill

UPDATE - I WILL be driving my Special after all. I just spoke with Donnie at the Mustang Ranch where I store and have repairs done and he said he hadn't started doing the work just yet, so I shall be able to pick it up Tuesday morning and head up to Seattle mid day. He then will start on it once I bring it back Wednesday. He has all the parts needed and will have them all laid out ready to install.

Bill

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Attachments

• MNW GTCS 023.jpg
    MNW GTCS 023.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 41

dpheyes

I'm really bummed... I just got back to Alaska a couple of hours ago from a two week trip to Seattle. Sure would have been nice to meet some of you CS nuts. Er, I mean members!

:sad:

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

MEETING 6PM TUESDAY MARCH 24TH.

I'll get there early, 530p. Look for Satan (no stripes yet). Bring cameras.

Maggie Bluffs
Elliott Bay Marina
2601 West Marina Place
Seattle, WA 98199
Phone:(206) 283-8322

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Yellow is "68special", red is "powell", black is mine, blue is "traveledgtcs".

Mike from MustangsNorthwest has the aqua '65 GT, "calspcl" has the lime GT (not pictured).

Powell

PMN Northwest Visit

Amy knocked herself out setting up the visit with Paul and Leia in Seattle. Ralph and I drove up from Beaverton, Oregon (about 200 miles) and it was well worth the trip. As you can see from the pictures we had a good showing of cars and people and spent a very enjoyable evening in a great place eating, discussing the cars, and Paul telling us about the progress of the registry along with interesting stories.

It was so much fun to get to see other California Specials and meet people that so far have been just names on the website. I know it was an emotional trip for Paul and Leia but I think the evening turned out to lots of fun and more on the light side.

Again, thanks to Amy and to everyone who showed up. A really great time.

Karen and Ralph Powell

hotrodgrany

Amy , I want to personaly thank you for doing this for Paul and Leia. He is a great person and your support for putting this on, is way over the top and many,many thanks for the pictures. I wished I could just bring my 07 GT/CS and see all of you there, you don't now knows how much, but not posible. It was a such a treat to see Rhonda and her CS last year, you can't believe. We need to get something, here closer in my area ,a get together of some kind. I will be at Karney, Ne, sometime this summer, and hope to bring the GT/CS, as my husband will be in that area working on Interstate 80.