• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS on e-bay: Is it worth restoring???

classicsguy

Ebay item 4502199516. Do you guys think is worth restoring? What would your maximum bid be?
Hey Sunlit Gold guess what color this car is???
Need your opinions.Auction ends in less than 24hrs!

68gt390

This is the link to above item on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4502199516

Seems like this particular car is going to need a lot of work and effort needless to say a big wallet. Original engine is gone and sounds like someone switched it over to a 4 speed at some time. Not to mention it is missing a lot of original pieces. Sounds like this particular person bought a project car and then once into it found out it would be to costly to restore.

Be patient, your big block GT/CS will come along and I would bet I'd be safe in saying it will cost you less then this car will to restore. That's just my thoughts. In our previous conversations I failed to mention I waited for 20 years to get me another big block mustang. There were many times I was ready to settle for whatever I could get but, I'm glad I waited. I now have 2 big block mustangs.

Don ;)

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Thanks Don: I always appreciate your input and advise. I am looking for that S code 4 speed but a J code 4 speed with the GT option doesnt sound so bad as an alternative. I have been offered a few 289 ci engine GT/CS's but have turned them down. As a matter of fact there is a local 1968GT/CS here C-code that is for sale but its an auto car. Sometimes anxiousness leads to bad decisions so I am being patient.
Thanks and keep your eyes open!!

68gt390

I know exactly what you mean. I had a 68 "J" code GT 4 spd Fastback back in 1969 I bought used and was able to do some pretty amazing stuff with it. Just because it's a small block doesn't mean you can't get power. The 91 LX 5.0 I sold to help purchase my CS with had a lot of power. I had rebuilt a 93 cobra block several years before I sold it and put a 347 stroker kit in it. I had it in the low 10's for the quarter mile. Sometimes I still think if selling it was the right thing to do. But, I'm happy with what I now have. Hang in there, something will turn up.

Don 8)