• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted 68 lower counsel in good shape

green56

Have upper counsel but would like a lower for my 68 G/T C/S so I could dress up in side

franklinair

That's a tough item to find nowadays, and very pricey if you do find a decent one. Even tougher to find is the front vertical padded piece, that isn't coming apart.
'68 consoles show up on E-Bay periodically, $400+. But usually don't include the front padded piece.
TMI sells a nice looking '68 after market console ($500) but of course they are not factory correct.
I'm down to my last console, and it is destined for my Black CS.
I do have a new black Hump hugger console if that would help.

Neil

68gulfstream

Just watch ebay, and make sure it's not a '67 console. If your car is automatic, you'll have a much better chance of finding one quickly.

OP
OP
G

green56

Thanks. It is a automatic some one had one but he said the upper part w as broke it is we're it fits under the dash I don't remember what he wanted for it

68gulfstream

That should widen the search scope a lot. They usually go for like 400 - 500.

OP
OP
G

green56

Lower console

Is their any different in the lower console from a coupe and a convertable

Mosesatm

I think the coupe console is taller than the convertible console.

Ruppstang

The consoles are the same except on the convertible one there is a cut out for the convertible brace.