• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

07 CS Spotted at work

BroadwayBlue

Hi Everyone!
Long time no post ... I just caught up on over a month of posts ... man I'm tired... I've had a lot going on and haven't been able to hang out on the site.

My 3 1/2 year old daughter wanted to show me a blue Mustang in the parking lot at work the other day that she spotted before I came outside. I drove by and I thought it was a pretty nice looking new blue 07 Mustang.

I walked by it the next day and looked at the gas cap and realized it's a new California Special. I was confused ... no stripes? I walked around to the side of the car and it did have black stripes but you could only see them from being on the side of the car not from an angle.

Nice looking car! I know I said in the past that I don't think they captured the "essence" of the 68 in the 07 version, but it is a nice looking car. I would seriously consider one if I was in the market. Of course now the new Shelby GT (not 500) is coming out as well but that's for another thread...

I'm on a mission now to find out who's car it is. I think it's a vendor or contractor's car. Would love to get a picture of mine with the 07, especially that they're both blue.

Mustanger

If you take some cool pic's, you could enter them as calander entries for next year ...

P

PNewitt

Yes, maybe those interested could go out and find an '07 GT/CS, and photograph both cars for (each month of) the 40th anniversary calendar.

(or '07/'08 owners find '68 owners).

Paul N.

obsidianspider

PNewitt said:
Yes, maybe those interested could go out and find an '07 GT/CS, and photograph both cars for (each month of) the 40th anniversary calendar.

(or '07/'08 owners find '68 owners).

Paul N.
If anyone in the Eastern PA area has a GT/CS I'd be up for a nice fall photo shoot with the leaves changing colors soon...

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

obsidianspider said:
If anyone in the Eastern PA area has a GT/CS I'd be up for a nice fall photo shoot with the leaves changing colors soon...

How far are you from Montgomery, NY on I-84. There is a Mustang-Ford-Corvette show there next Sunday 10/15. Might be heading that way.

L8GR868

I bought a new 07. It is the same color as my original. I have pictures in my gallery. Took pictures at the Ford dealership. They make a great pair.
Eric

Attachments

• new mustang 1.jpg
    new mustang 1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

obsidianspider said:
I just Mapquested it and it's a little over 2 hours from me. Wonder how the leaves will be...

It's a ride for you.
I'm not 100% sure I'm going yet but going to try.
The leaves are just starting to change where I am.
It's closer than I thought to me. I'm 40 minutes east of Montgomery, NY on I84.

R

hotrodgrany

obsidianspider said:
I have a fall picture of my new 07 GT/SI will show all of you. I intered, but late but maybe next year. I hear you about the side panals being to light, that is why I am changing to reflective white/silver on mine. You can't see it here, only when the picture is big.

Attachments

• PICT1166.JPG
    PICT1166.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 16
  • PICT1168.JPG
    PICT1168.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

obsidianspider said:
Unfortunately I found out this week that I have to drive to VA for work on Sunday, so I won't be able to make it.

I ended up heading to a different show myself and passed on the Mustang/Vette show. I went to a "Gathering of Old Cars" show - there were at least 500 cars there.

Maybe we can hook up another time.

marie68csmustangs

The leaves are just are starting to change around here - a little slow starting. It's still sunny and warm.. Hopefully you will be able to take a picture of the '07 GT/CS with your '68 BroadwayBlue..

hookedtrout

Leaves are turning here as well, in fact they are all falling and how I spend my weekend appears to be already designated. I have an old Ford out in my flower garden and it made a nice picture with the leaves changing.

Cory

Attachments

• dcp_1834Sunsetsmall.jpg
    dcp_1834Sunsetsmall.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 15

Mustanglvr

hookedtrout said:
Leaves are turning here as well, in fact they are all falling and how I spend my weekend appears to be already designated. I have an old Ford out in my flower garden and it made a nice picture with the leaves changing.

Cory

Yep, I say, If you can`t drive`m, make`m into a flower pot! Ford`s are very versatile!

hookedtrout

BroadwayBlue said:
Cool picture Cory!

Is it off it's wheels? Or sunk into the ground?

Quite a story around that old car, it's followed me through three different homes. Everyone sticks odd things in their flower gardens, I wanted an old Ford, seemed to make more sense than a manure spreader since I don't farm. It only has one wheel and it's wood spoked and I dont' think it will last much longer unless I go out and seal it up with something. I'll send you a full size picture via email so you can actually see it, make a nice screen saver or background.

Cory