• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Trans Am wheels on my GTCS

dr1v3n

What do you think? I plan to drop the rear and add some spacers for the final stance.

Attachments

• 6729E05F-6D1E-4F1D-9A0A-6DBCB6FB2296.jpg
    6729E05F-6D1E-4F1D-9A0A-6DBCB6FB2296.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 83

Mosesatm

You’re going to lower it more than that?!!

Is this the same car?

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dr1v3n

I like the wheels, but IMHO, I think the car is low enough already.

I will only do 1 inch in the rear with a 1 inch spacer. This will make the rear match the front perfectly. Tbh, I wish I paid a little more money for a wider rear wheel which would have been more flush. Hindsight 20/20.

Mosesatm

Yes, where did you find this photo? This was taken by the previous owner prior to the car being shipped to me.

I keep photos of all the GT/CS and ‘68 HCS cars I find for sale. That way we have a history of the cars.

OP
OP
D

dr1v3n

I keep photos of all the GT/CS and ‘68 HCS cars I find for sale. That way we have a history of the cars.

That sounds like a tremendous amount of work. The car was originally for sale in Cali 3+ years ago, I’ve been restoring it and repairing it to my specs since then.

Not sure how you figured out it was the same car given I think I’ve only posted pics after paint.