• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Ford service update for 68 mustang and gt/cs

gtcs1

Hi, i am looking for a list or repositery of service update (like service bulletin or recall) that were issued in 1968 for Mustang or gt/cs.

Would appreciate if someone knows where to go or if you have some you can share with me. My gt/cs is close to original, so I would like to see what was intended to be fixed and if it was done previously

Regards
Pierre. gtcs1

RU_SPCL2

Hi, i am looking for a list or repositery of service update (like service bulletin or recall) that were issued in 1968 for Mustang or gt/cs.

Would appreciate if someone knows where to go or if you have some you can share with me. My gt/cs is close to original, so I would like to see what was intended to be fixed and if it was done previously

Regards
Pierre. gtcs1

1968 Ford Mustang Seats Recall 77V043000

Action Number: N/A
Service Bulletin Number: 77V043000
Report Date: Mar 28, 1977
Component: Seats
Potential Units Affected: 480000
Manufacturer: Ford Motor Company
Summary: The seat back pivot pin bracket on the involved vehicles may fail. Consequently, the seat back will rotate rearward.

Consequence:

Remedy: The dealer will replace the driver"s seat pivot pin bracket on all affected vehicles, free of charge.

Notes: Vehicle description: passenger vehicles equipped with front bucket seats. System: interior; seat back. Consequences of defect: should the pin break during vehicle operation, loss ofvehicle control and an accident could result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RU_SPCL2

FORD MUSTANG 1968: STEERING:LINKAGES:KNUCKLE:SPINDLE:ARM
Make : FORDModel : MUSTANGYear : 1968
Build Dates : 0000-00-00 - 0000-00-00
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 19E011000
Date Owner's Notified: 2019-03-17Date Received by ODI: 2019-02-09Date Added to Database: 2019-02-19
Manufacturers Involved: Ford Motor Company
Manufacturer's Responsible for the Recall:
Manufacturer Campaign Number:
Component: STEERING:LINKAGES:KNUCKLE:SPINDLE:ARM
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 598
Summary:
Drake Automotive Group, LLC "Drake" is recalling certain Scott Drake left and right wheel spindles, part numbers C5ZZ-3106-L, C5ZZ-3105-R, C70Z-3106-L, C70Z-3105-R sold for use on 1965-1966 Ford Mustang V8s and 1967-1969 Ford Mustangs "all vehicles with drums". The spindle may fail resulting in the wheel and tire detaching from the vehicle's steering system.
Consequence:
Spindle failure can cause a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Remedy:
Drake Automotive Group, LLC will notify owners and will replace all of the recalled units, free of charge. The recall began March 17, 2019. Owners may contact Drake automotive at 1-800-999-0289.
Report Initiator: MFRE Report
Regulation Part Number:Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard Number:
Notes:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 'TTY 1-800-424-9153', or go to www.safercar.gov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

gtcs1

Hi RU Spcl

Thanks for that.

Surprised there is still new ones coming...

Let’s keep them coming.

Pierre gtcs1