• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

50th Anniversary Party

Ruppstang

I had a nice visit with Donna to day. I am so excited to meet some of you in person.
I was thinking how cool will it be to see a line of GTCS/ HCS east bound on I80. It will a car show at each rest stop and gas station. It might hurt you travel time talking with everyone on the way but it sure would be fun. If I did not have a MCA show to run I would be tempted to meet you a few hundred miles west so I could run with you.

Marty

mbsf1970

Was thinking of stopping by in NE for 13-14th and then leaving to get home for British Columbia holiday. Is it only $25 to register for DISPLAY only?
Stephen
@Marty: Is there a display both Friday and Saturday?? Could I cut out late afternoon on the 14th? What's the etiquette on that? I have 26 hours of driving to get to BC so if I could cut off a bunch of that Saturday it would help.

Last edited:

TraveledGTCS

For those of you who are leaving from the California areas, which route and travel times will you be taking. Maybe the group of us from the West Coast could meet somewhere on I-80 and cruise in as a group. Will sort of depend on travel times, but it would be cool. Still plenty of time to work it out. I won't be on I-80 until either the Salt Lake City area or Cheyenne depending on our route.

Bill

Mosesatm

I’m printing some information cards this weekend so if you want some please let me know.

Ruppstang

Was thinking of stopping by in NE for 13-14th and then leaving to get home for British Columbia holiday. Is it only $25 to register for DISPLAY only?
Stephen
@Marty: Is there a display both Friday and Saturday?? Could I cut out late afternoon on the 14th? What's the etiquette on that? I have 26 hours of driving to get to BC so if I could cut off a bunch of that Saturday it would help.

For Display you need not be a MCA member and you can come and go any time through out the event. I am planning a 68 display that all 68s will be in regardless of class including display. However if you choose to put your display car in this area you will not be able to leave till 5PM when the show closes for the day (Friday & Saturday).

DanTeets

We will be bringing 2 HCS’s and 1 GT/CS.

Mailed that package to you today Marty.

Ruppstang

That is great Dan! I think that will get us up to 14 HCS'S & GTCS's. I bet there has not been that many in one spot for sometime. I am glad that Bob will be able to attend. It is always fun to pick his brain on Mustang questions.
See you this Summer.
Marty

BroadwayBlue

Hi Everyone!

Haven't been on the site in while.

Is there anyone planning on attending the Granite State Nationals in New Hampshire, Labor Day Weekend?

I'm planning to go. Not sure if I'm taking the CS or my 96 yet or going Stang-less yet.

Just curious who else might be planning to go.

Ruppstang

Hi Everyone!

Haven't been on the site in while.

Is there anyone planning on attending the Granite State Nationals in New Hampshire, Labor Day Weekend?

I'm planning to go. Not sure if I'm taking the CS or my 96 yet or going Stang-less yet.

Just curious who else might be planning to go.

We will be there but with out a car.

Mosesatm

If anyone wants to organize a gathering, lunch, dinner, or whatever for our group I can get a banquet room that holds around 75 people. It's not near the car show, though. It's around 6 miles due south.
Just let me know if I should reserve it.

Attachments

• 2018 Lincoln.pdf
    139.8 KB · Views: 51

franklinair

I'm sorely tempted for the July MCA show.
I can fly from ATL to DEN, but being a stranger in town: where is Lincoln in relation to the DEN airport? Hotel(s) available?

Neil

CougarCJ

I'm sorely tempted for the July MCA show.
I can fly from ATL to DEN, but being a stranger in town: where is Lincoln in relation to the DEN airport? Hotel(s) available?

Neil

google says that it is 484 miles, more or less east. Driving from Atlanta is only 995 miles.

Omaha (OMA) is probably the largest commercial airport closest to Lincoln at 54 miles.

Mosesatm

Lincoln also has an airport but I don't know if you can get there from Atlanta.

Mosesatm

Delta has a flight that leaves ATL at 9:00pm, Arrives LNK at 10:30pm.

Mosesatm

I'm staying at the Courtyard Lincoln Downtown/Haymarket. Walking distance.

mbsf1970

For Display you need not be a MCA member and you can come and go any time through out the event. I am planning a 68 display that all 68s will be in regardless of class including display. However if you choose to put your display car in this area you will not be able to leave till 5PM when the show closes for the day (Friday & Saturday).

Marty,
Follow up question: can I have Doug alongside the 68's for all day Friday but put him in display only on Sat so I can cut out early??
Stephen

franklinair

I found an airfare I could live with ($350 round trip nonstop) from ATL to LNK. But the Courtyard/Lincoln hotel @ $200 per night (3 nights) is a deal breaker. Too bad. I was looking forward to meeting everyone.

Neil