• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lucas Light Covers

GT_CS

Hi

I was wondering whether it is possible to purchase lucas fog light covers to protect the light?

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where they can be purchased?

Thanks

68gt390

Best place to find them is on ebay. Just type in Lucas Square 8 fog lights in the search area. You can almost always find several pair on there for sale. That's were I got both my lights and covers. There are two types that were used, old style (LAB-202) with a round plastic view area to see if the lights were left on and the New style (LAB-203) with a square plastic view area. Hope this helps.

Don 8)

Talan423

there are a couple of types of covers for the lucas square 8's. i have found the best source to be ebay. here is a cover that is currently listed. i believe that the round eye type is the original style. the squared eye covers were produced in the 70's this same seller has both types. check his "other auctions". i do see these covers at swap meets once in a while but they are usually way over-priced.

http://californiaspecial.com/forums...n=post;threadid=1413;title=Post+reply;start=0

good luck!
tom

hicountrybob

Tom, I think there is a 3rd type of cover for our GT/CS and HCS Mustangs. I use the WHITE covers with the BLACK (LUCAS) letters across the face and no peep hole, because they were in the trunk of the first HC we bought in 1981. I've since bought another WHITE set from a Shelby owner. I wonder if these WHITE covers pre-date the 2 BLACK styles?!?!?!. FYI, 2 or 3 weeks ago on ebay, I noted a pair of square 8 Lucas lights with these WHITE covers (pictured) in the listing. So, whatever size, style, shape or color you wish, they are out there, but I really wish we had some documented direction on this topic. BOB T.

bish

FYI: Paul does cover this topic in his first book.

Paul, Can you put this topic to rest?

68sunlitgold

That's an easy answer....there where no covers for the Lucas lights on either the GT/CS or Shelby. The Lucas lights covers that where available in 68, so I guess you could say date code correct, are the single eye.

Doug

Attachments

• 29_1_b.jpg
    29_1_b.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
G

GT_CS

Thanks for the info guys,

Talan the link you posted is that for ebay because it just literally took me back to the cs forum

Thanks

Talan423

sorry about that, here it is again. just keep searching ebay. they come up quite often.
bob, i think the white covers came with a different type of lucas lamps which were the replacements for the square 8 ft8's. i think they were produced in the 70's. i also had a pair of those but ended up selling them and getting the round dot black lucas covers. i will try and find a pic of those lamps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=4526615141&category=42611&sspagename=WDVW

tom

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

He's only got the one cover available on ebay, doug has got the correct pictures

Message for doug do you know where i can get a pair like the ones you disclosed pictures of? ???

Thankyou