• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Another GT/CS in Surrey BC

speedy02

VIN shown is a C Code however sticker on the air cleaner is 302? Hopefully the seller can update everyone on the details of that,

Mosesatm

And the Registry shows it as a Lime Gold car with an Ivy Gold interior.
I think I'll order a Marti for this one.
Here's a link to the Gastown site.
http://www.gastownclassics.com/1968-ford-mustang-california-special-1/

The car is beautiful, and restored to a very high standard, but why didn't the owner spend $5 for window crank screw covers? I see this often and wonder if they don't even realize something is supposed to cover those screws.

Batgirl89

the car is beautiful, and restored to a very high standard, but why didn't the owner spend $5 for window crank screw covers? I see this often and wonder if they don't even realize something is supposed to cover those screws.

+1 !!!!!

dehcho

Hey Folks,

I looked at this car before I bought the other one from Gas Town. It was a quick drive up the highway from where I live, so it was worth a look.

I asked the same question about why it's in the registry and apparently Clones use to be allowed in the registry.

I must say that the car is very nice, it runs and looks very nice and someone has spent a pile of money on it. In my opinion the colour isn't quite Highland Green, but I am not sure if that's what the restorer was after. As already discussed it's a 302 with a 4 barrel.

I was very serious about purchasing the car, but the seller couldn't tell me 100 % that it was a GT/CS. I went home and paid for the Marti report. Much to my dismay I found out through the report that it is simply 68 Mustang. The build date does fall within the correct build date for a GT/CS but it is not a California special according to the report.

That all being said, it's a beautiful car in very good condition. I still considered buying it, but then my Ivy/gold came along which I purchased from the same seller. I must say that he was very good to deal with and went out of his way to help me with the purchase.

Sincerely

boris

Well ill be looking into this car long and hard as i,m still missing my green S code and if my parts are on it i'm going to freak !

boris

Sorry for the hijack

Does any one know how long that car
VIN: 8R01C155425
has been on the registry so i could rule out it having my parts on it? ya gotta make appointments to see these cars id kinda like to be stealth about this before i call in the bulls . i don't like the fact there are clones in registry ,but this time it may be in my favor.i cant believe some one would do this so close to home so the odds are 50/50,Man i hate thief's! :mad: :mad:

Mosesatm

Does any one know how long that car
VIN: 8R01C155425
has been on the registry so i could rule out it having my parts on it? ya gotta make appointments to see these cars id kinda like to be stealth about this before i call in the bulls . i don't like the fact there are clones in registry ,but this time it may be in my favor.i cant believe some one would do this so close to home so the odds are 50/50,Man i hate thief's! :mad: :mad:

This car has been in the registry since 2000.

platnumheart666

Authentication

dehcho already had a Marti on it. It is a clone, so I'm not sure why it is in our registry.

the fact that it is in the registry is very misleading! If someone goes on the forum to check the VIN they will think it is real, since it is listed in the registry!

This, if it is a clone should be noted clearly as such to aid in those looking to get a real GT/CS. I understand that everyone should get a Marti, but the fact that it is in the Registry would seem plenty of proof for some just starting their experience in the GT/CS realm.

Has anyone alerted ebay to the real status or the dealer themselves?!?!?

somethingspecial

the fact that it is in the registry is very misleading! If someone goes on the forum to check the VIN they will think it is real, since it is listed in the registry!

This, if it is a clone should be noted clearly as such to aid in those looking to get a real GT/CS. I understand that everyone should get a Marti, but the fact that it is in the Registry would seem plenty of proof for some just starting their experience in the GT/CS realm.

Has anyone alerted ebay to the real status or the dealer themselves?!?!?

OK, Planumheart666, you have successfully argued your point. Jon has the final say so on the online Registry, and if he is OK with listing it as a Clone, or any Clones that pops up and are verified Clones, than it would surely prevent someone getting burned down the line.

Mosesatm

The on-line registry is not the official registry. Mike is the keeper of the official registry, with Ron and I helping out as needed.

Anyone who wants a copy just needs to ask Mike for one, then I'll do his computer work :wink:, and he'll get it to you as an Excel file or as a PDF.

platnumheart666

OK, Planumheart666, you have successfully argued your point. Jon has the final say so on the online Registry, and if he is OK with listing it as a Clone, or any Clones that pops up and are verified Clones, than it would surely prevent someone getting burned down the line.

Apparently you didn't read my point clearly. "This, if it is a clone should be noted clearly as such to aid in those looking to get a real GT/CS" I am not telling anyone what should be or not be in the registry but rather denote that something is a clone. When I first looked for a GT/CS I would go to the online registry to see if it was on the list and know that if I saw it, I would consider it legit. I just don't see where it denotes a clone, maybe I missed it. But my opinion is that there should be some clarification, if one doesn't exist already

somethingspecial

thank you so much does any one know of any old pictures of it up to the time mine went byby

I checked my archives and I do not have any photos of this car. Sorry. Due to the fact this car was passed off as a GT/CS in 2000, I would doubt your parts are on this car, but interesting it should show up in your town. I can see why it sent up red flags.

platnumheart666

Clone Vs Real GT/CS

So is there somewhere that cars on the online registry list whether they are clones or not, or just by searching the threads? - for future reference

I contacted the seller and his response to verifying it is a real GT/CS is:

Art Macri <artmacri@gmail.com>
5:53 AM (4 hours ago)

to me
"Car is on Official California Special Registry."

Then later on he responded:

"I just went on Forum and see the car is tagged as a clone. I bought the car not thinking it was a clone it is so correct and perfect. I have had 2 others both original survivors. I will represent the car as a clone from now on. I talked to the shop that restored the car from frame up and he said every thing was factory cut holes and wired. Art"

Is there a way that this is a real un-marked GT/CS? It is in sequential order and everything else lines up?

-Thanks