• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 HCS on eBay

DSO51

New HCS listing on eBay - Item # 2427053232

Not sure about its authenticity... the stripes are not correct. However, not the first time I have seen this mistake.

DSO51

68sunlitgold

The add says "68 Shelby" if you are doing a search. As for the car it looks OK, you already mentioned the stripes, and the dual exhaust and cut-out rear valance are wrong for a 289 (but I like the look).

Doug

Their website says the car is for sale for $10750. Here is the link: http://www.tangoclassicautos.com/

bish

It has a few other inconsistancies such a deluxe steering wheel.
I have never seen a HCS with a vinyl top.
Although it looks good in the pictures, I'd wager that there is much work to be done on that one.

Here is what the seller had to say about it:

I don't know who painted it either but the HCS shield is ancient and the DSO
is correct for Denver so it's probably the real deal. Its a neat little car
that needs saving and we'll be happy to work with a buyer to verify its
pedigree. In the mean time I've ordered a Marti report and will add that
info to the description in the next 48hrs if all goes well. Appreciate the
input.

hookedtrout

I noticed it looked like they tried to mask around the HCS decal when they painted and it looks pretty rough, but I guess it is a good gesture on the sellers part to show the zoomed in picture so you can at least see it.

x-codegtcs

I have a GT/CS that is a standard blue interior BUT has a "requirement" to have a DELUXE steering wheel - as per the Marti Report. This was a fairly optioned out j-code car that also had the Dlx seat belts (just the chrome cover instead of the color coded peice). So, just to let you know that Dlx Steering Wheels interior components did not require having the whole Dlx interior package.

68sunlitgold

x-codegtcs,
My convertible did not come with a deluxe interior but the wheel was deluxe, are you saying the Marti report should say it has just the deluxe steering wheel? I assumed someone added it. Thanks
Doug