• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Found another good reference book for our Mustangs

Bob G

I was at Borders and found another good reference book Original mustang 1967-1970 you may be familiar with this author he has done several of the same books for other automobiles (Colin Date)

I am sure it is no comparison to Paul Newitts books but worth a look if like me you like to refer to pictures and data of these Ford Mustangs of this ERA. A good addition to Paul Newitt's up coming new book.

Book is by motor books and in chapter three begins with the 1968 GT/CS also at the last part of the book covers some information on the High Country special.

Bob Geco

clubpro

Colin is also the editor of Legendary Ford Magazine and very knowledgable about the Mustang. He is publishing a special edition issue for the 45th anniversary of the mustang. He is looking for a GT/CS for a photo shoot for that issue. The issue will be out in April of 2009.

I have an article coming out in the November issue of Legendary Ford about the GT/CS 40th anniversary celebration at Galpin in April.

Enjoy the book it is a good one!

Cheers,

Ron

P

PNewitt

When's Paul's book coming out?

As you read this, I'm preparing a mailer to tell folks about the progress of the book. my best estimate is late Fall. Things are coming together very well. I've had many hurdles to jump financially, etc..lately.

This time, we'll have all your addresses correct.

Paul N.

p.s. I hope that Colin contacts me before he uses anything that I researched. I don't mind sharing info; it's just a professional courtesy.