• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Spotted at Tri-Cities WA car show last weekend

Timmknz

My buddy Jim (1967 Olds 442 owner, but don't hold that against him, it's a great car) spotted this GT/CS at the Tri-Cities WA car show last weekend. Does it belong to any of you?

Attachments

• DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 89
OP
OP
Timmknz

Timmknz

Hmmmm

Don't think so. It's doesn't have the 428 hood scoop and the paint is sketchy!
Tim

franklinair

Congrats, and welcome to the CS/HCS site. Good folks & info & assistance. Will you be at the big show in SEA in 2 weeks?

Neil

GRFord

Thanks Neil, prolly won't make the SEA show, sadly i work weekends most of the time. We are how ever quite excited about the new to us GT/CS, It needs a fair amount of work but could be a lot worse for sure.

OP
OP
Timmknz

Timmknz

Welcome!

This is the best place to find information on your GT/CS. Hope to see your car sometime! Congrats on your purchase! Have you always wanted a GT/CS, or did it just catch your eye?
Tim

GRFord

Thanks Tim, never really considered a GT/CS, just kind of one of those right place at the right time deals. I am not much of a body man so i look for cars that need some work but not a complete paint job. this car was just right for me, needs a few things and the paint buffed out fairly well, clean and relatively rust free undercarriage for a mustang. A little rust on the LR fender.

It's a C-code car with a 4V 351 Windsor transplant C4, 8". It would be nice to put a 289 back in it but i am kind of liking the torque of the 351 now that we have it running a little better. It had a quadrajet and a duraspark when we picked it up. We installed an oem distributor with an igniter, a 600 Holley, then installed 2.5" exhaust, much better now.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

- GF

rvrtrash

Welcome to the site. Hey, is that Mustang parts/restoration place just off I-82 still in business, and if so, do you have a contact for them? I think it was something like HorseHaven Mustang, or similar but can't find anything online.

Steve

robert campbell

Welcome GF,
Keep that 351! Looks just fine and is a great platform for more power!! I am one of the modified guys on the site and love to spend other peoples money!!

Don't do a bad job spending my own...

Rob

GRFord

Thanks guys,
Rob, nothing to worry about with me spending, we have had this car a little more than one week and already have dumped about $1500 in to it!

There is a couple of issues with the engine, it's a later 351 with the older timing cover and water pump, there is no timing marks for that lash up on the balancer. seems like i should be able to use an old style balancer to get marks?

- GF