• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Rare 1967 gt/cs

Mosesatm

The door tag is from a '68 but all the other vins show the '67 number. The seller told me that the it's titled as a '67. Whoever did the conversion did a good job.

CJ 56

Hi There, been years since I have been here but there where 8 pre-production GT/CS cars all 8 were bucked on the first of Feb 1968 and all built by the 13. I have a GTCS built bucked on the 1st and built on the 13 and my Marti reports says it one of 8. It loaded with options, consuls top and bottom, Aircon, power breaks, Power steer, discs/drums, 289 and C4,rear window demister, Tacho Dash, Clock. A real demo car. Its in New Zealand

Ruppstang

Hi There, been years since I have been here but there where 8 pre-production GT/CS cars all 8 were bucked on the first of Feb 1968 and all built by the 13. I have a GTCS built bucked on the 1st and built on the 13 and my Marti reports says it one of 8. It loaded with options, consuls top and bottom, Aircon, power breaks, Power steer, discs/drums, 289 and C4,rear window demister, Tacho Dash, Clock. A real demo car. Its in New Zealand

Thanks for your post, it would be great to see your Marti report and some pictures of your car including the position of the quarter script.

BTW Happy New Year and welcome back!

Marty

robert campbell

Plus 1 to Marty. I would like to see the Marti on your car and pics. I had a Gold Nugget Special that was built on 2 January 1968 and a clone to it was built on 4 January. Both of these cars had full and original GT/CS fiberglass with correct rear wiring harness with no splices. There are some comments in the 1st GT/CS registry book about some GT/CS cars going to the Seattle DSO 74 to jump start sales. Many of these cars were pulled from the assembly line and staged for the GT/CS option to be added later. My car had higher mounted scripts on the rear quarters that look very similar to the car on the stage behind Lee Gray at the debut.

Please look at this link. It is my car painted white. Tim OBrien (Midnight Special) photo shopped a picture that is very very close to how it looked when I bought it.

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12483&highlight=high+script

I would guess that your car has the early recessed reflectors? My car was very loaded also. My Marti is on this page of the post your Marti thread. It is listed as Gold Nugget, but we are unsure how it may have left the assembly line.

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3199&page=4

Your car may have been on the debut stage. Its history could help clear up some of the early car mystery.

Robert Campbell

robert campbell

By the way the 67 Mustang in this thread is very nice. More than likely a clone, but a nice car and 6 shooter cars are usually very solid and have not been beat up!

Rob