• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT350 Restoration

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Marty;

You opted not to run the Shelby 10 spokes?

Neil

Neil I had it setup for Concours Trailered class at the Tucson MCA national show (that was cancelled) with the factory wheel covers. In 68 the Shelby's were built with wheel covers because Ford changed from Kelsey Hays four puck brakes to Bendix two puck brakes. The Bendix brake caliper is much larger and would not fit behind the Shelby ten spoke wheel. The reproduction ten spoke wheels have a offset that makes room for the Bendix brake calipers. I have a set of them with BF Goodrich tires mounted for driving the GT350.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Marty

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

R&A did the body repairs and paint. I did the rest. I could not afford a complete restoration there. They do great work but it comes at a price.