• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Mustang show

franklinair

Peggy & I took a weekend trip to Hiawassee, GA for the Northeast Georgia Mustang Club's show. Nice time, nice folks. About 300 cars were entered (Mustangers have been starved for shows this year due to the Covid virus). There was awesome support from Ford Performance Group & MCA. We met MCA President Steve Prewitt- who had good things to say about Marty Rupp & wife.
My GT/CS ran flawlessly, purring like a kitten. The only glitch was the fuel gauge that dropped to Empty when I knew it had 15 gallons. Oh well, typical repo problem with these repos. Probably a sunk float.
We got lots of nice comments on the CS. Many folks had never seen one before.
It does seem like late models outnumber the classics by about 10:1.:sad:
Here's a photo that Peggy took while on display.

Neil

Attachments

• Hiawassee.jpg
    Hiawassee.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 56

Ruppstang

Peggy & I took a weekend trip to Hiawassee, GA for the Northeast Georgia Mustang Club's show. Nice time, nice folks. About 300 cars were entered (Mustangers have been starved for shows this year due to the Covid virus). There was awesome support from Ford Performance Group & MCA. We met MCA President Steve Prewitt- who had good things to say about Marty Rupp & wife.
My GT/CS ran flawlessly, purring like a kitten. The only glitch was the fuel gauge that dropped to Empty when I knew it had 15 gallons. Oh well, typical repo problem with these repos. Probably a sunk float.
We got lots of nice comments on the CS. Many folks had never seen one before.
It does seem like late models outnumber the classics by about 10:1.:sad:
Here's a photo that Peggy took while on display.

Neil

It looks real nice!

I am glad it was good words. LOL

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Marty;
They were more than good words. Glowing would be closer.

Arlie;
I ordered mine thru CJ's Pony Parts (in PA) 2 years ago. The sale was for 4 wheels + tires mounted & balanced, free shipping. About $1,200.

Jon;
My calendar photo should be ready tomorrow. My Iphone is not high enough resolution so I had a photo guru friend of mine take photos this morning.

Neil

robert campbell

Awesome car Dad! Good words for great people and Dad, you are in the same realm as Marty! Time to keep this one!!

I have also noticed the popularity of "new" cars and are local cruise nights are filled with them. We all need an outlet but car shows used to be about cars that were restored and collectable. Not that new cars are not collectable.

When I co-founded the Kitsap Mustang club in Bremerton we took a vote.

1. First Generation Mustangs Only
2. First and Second Generation Mustangs
3. All Mustangs (This was in 1985)
4. First Generation Mustangs and Cougars (Like The Mustangs Northwest Club)

Number 3 won the vote and at the time it seemed the the right thing to do. We had a small number of local people interested in a Mustang club, but that actually soon changed.

The Kitsap Mustang Club is still in existence and they sponsor a local show each year. I am a bit distant now and the KMC show must have 10 categories for trophies from 1979 and up. It kinda amazes me. The number of new Mustangs (1979 and up) easily is as much as the rest of the show in cars. And so many trophies are handed out (1st 2nd & 3rd), you are almost guaranteed a trophy at the show.

Time to get off my podium and sorry about a slight high jack of the thread. But Dad did mention it!!

Rob

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I forgot to mention; A guy from Jacky Jones Ford asked if I would trade for a 2020 5.0 Mustang. I asked him how much he would add to the trade. Conversation ended.:rolleyes:

Neil