• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Front Drum to Disc Conversion

Mosesatm

Attachments

• Opentracker Disc Brakes.jpg
    Opentracker Disc Brakes.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 39

CougarCJ

Have not, but that would closely mimic the 4 piston K/H front disc brakes as found on 1967's.

franklinair

Back in the olden days before disc brakes, cars had Power Drum Brakes.
NPD sells a Drum Power Brake kit for $319.95 (NPD# 2005-23AB). I installed one several years ago, and it worked great

Neil

robert campbell

I just installed a power booster on a 1968 Mustang six cylinder car with 4 lug drum brakes. It works great and has a nice progressive feel. And it will lock the tires for one panic stop no problem. I feel that people jump to 4 wheel discs to much. A car will only stop as fast as the friction between the tire and the road. Bigger tires that are high performance (softer) can help.

Certainly if you are road racing then by all means go 4 wheel discs. But for a street car, I feel it is a waste of money. And by all means front discs are nice for heavier cars and high speed abuse. Rear discs without going to an ABS system will not stop a street car any faster.

Rob