• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Well it's finally going to happen!!!

DJM75

Well it's finally going to happen. My father is going to give me his GT/CS!!! It feels like this has taken forever. That Mustang is the first car I ever remeber riding in. I'm now 30 (will be in APril anyway) so it's been over 20yrs in the waiting. It's not quite official yet he hasn't told me but he did tell my wife yesterday. So now a little about the GT/CS: it's red with white stripes, 302, c4, disc brakes, PB(if memory serves), PS, center console, AC. And that's all I can remember it's been a while since I've spent much time with it. I'm in the Navy and haven't been home much in the last 9yrs. I plan on putting it in the registry and getting a VIN report when Iget home and can get the VIN. Not until April though :'( :'( I've been a member here for awhile but i'll be active now that it's mine!!!! Sorry for the long post.
Don

case12

Cant wait to see the pictures! How long did your dad have it - did he buy it new? If so, get all the original paperwork you can, and share it with us if you can. Also, it would be really cool to see some pictures taken of the car from 20 or more years ago (maybe one was taken with the family, or in the background in the driveway). These pictures of the car in its vintage setting are really neat if they can be shared. Congrats! Casey

68gt390

DJM75 (Don);
Welcome to the GT/CS site and congrats on getting the car. I'm sure you'll love it. Am looking forward to seeing some photo's. I'd also like to say "THANKS" for your service to our Country.

Don Potter ;D

OP
OP
D

DJM75

Thanks for the welcome!! Well pics will have to wait for a little while. I'm still in NY and the car is in Oregon. So when I get home I'll search for some old pics and take some new ones. It needs some work. He's been saying that he's gonna fix it back up for years hasn't done it though. No rust that I can remember though. Also no he didn't buy it new so I'm not sure if he has any of that paperwork. Not sure exactly when he got it. I'll check into it when I get home. He also has a 66 Comet convertible in his driveway that I'd love to take off of his hands also. But I don't have the room and it's suppose to go to my sister. I'm sure I'll be around.
Don

quicknick

Don,
Congrats and welcome to the family. Get us some more details and pix as soon as you get some.
It's always a treat to see an unknown CS come out of nowhere.
Also, I think I can speak for everyone here, a big "THANK YOU" for protecting our country. Your service is not taken for granted here.

rvrtrash

Out of curiousity, where in Oregon is the car. I'll probably be in Portland the first weekend of April for the swapmeet. If that's close and you'll be there then, I'll buy you lunch.
Steve

OP
OP
D

DJM75

The car is just outside of Eugene so about a 100miles south of Portland. I leave here on April 1st so I won't be there yet. Plus the Mustang needs a little work before it's really driveable. My Dad just replaced the engine :( The original had a cracked block. He did say he found another 68' to replace it. So it runs good but the seats aren't bolted down because he got them re-upholstered and has new carpet to put in it. I appreciate the offer though. I'm always up for food. Maybe another time. Is there ever any GT/CS get togethers?
Don

PB gtcs

DJ, Welcome, THANK YOU!!! I am 50, have 2 children in college, I do not take this freedom for granted. My brother Paul "retired" after 18 years. You guys are my heros.

Enjoy the car, you deserve all the happiness you get from it. WOW, what a road trip, Oregon to NY.

Brian

P

PNewitt

Hi and Welcome, Don!

The GT/CS Registry has several members of the service. One in particular belongs to a Marine in So., Calif. Several Navy and Army--and Air Force members, too. One worked on the XB-70.

Be sure to get your GT/CS registered....

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

OP
OP
D

DJM75

[quote author=PB gtcs link=board=1;threadid=1436;start=0#msg8410 date=1109902867]

Enjoy the car, you deserve all the happiness you get from it. WOW, what a road trip, Oregon to NY.

Brian

[/quote]
Yeah you are telling me. THis will be our 3rd time making this trip. This will be the hardest one though. The first trip no kids...no problem. Second trip kids 1 and 3yrs. Slept most of the way. This time 5 and 7yrs old. I think we may be in trouble.

[quote author=PNewitt]
Be sure to get your GT/CS registered....
I will as soon as I get home and can get all the info for it. When do I need to have the information in so it can be in the next book?

Thanks everybody for the support. It's nice to hear that people appreciate what I do.
Don

P

PNewitt

To register your GT/CS, I need:

VIN #
Door Data Plate Info (numbers)
Any options, dealer or factory installed
Your Name and address (e-mail optional)
Optional Photo of car
Any interesting stories, and/or comments about your GT/CS

Your info will be kept confidential. The registry will print your name (no address!!), the VIN , data plate info, option list, and comments, if any--and whatever photo you might like included.

Paul.

OP
OP
D

DJM75

When do you need it so that it can in included in your next book? I won't be able to get the information until next month.
Don

OP
OP
D

DJM75

Oh and can I use the registry link on this site to send you the info or would it be faster to just mail it to you?
Thanks
Don

P

PNewitt

I won't get to beginning the new book until late April (2005).

I would prefer that you snail mail the information.

Thanks--Paul.

OP
OP
D

DJM75

Ok gotcha. Snail mail by the end of April. That I can do.
Thanks for the info.
Don