• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tail Light Wiring

CHRIS SMITH

I NEED HELP WITH THE TAILIGHT WIRING. THE BODY SHOP CUT THE WIRES FOR MY TAILIGHTS. I HAVE GREEN AND BLACK WIRES ON DRIVERS SIDE FROM CAR- ORANGE AND BLACK ON THE PASSENGER SIDE FROM CAR- AND A TOTAL OF FOUR WIRES FROM TAILIGHTS- WHITE, GREEN, RED, BLUE. THANKS FOR ANY HELP. MY E-MAIL IS C.SMITH@GEOCOMFORT.COM

rvrtrash

Just real quick, one more time, without pulling my harness apart to verify, you should have 5 wires coming out of the tail lights-one probably black for the ground, 3 that probably go to the individual brake lights and one that probably goes to all 3 running lights. They will go into a 6 position plug that you are missing. On the car harness side, the 3 that go to individual lights are tied together probably about 8" from the plug, at least it feels like a splice there on my harness. The ground will go to the metal shield over the gas tank fill tube. If you don't have the ground wire, your lights will never work. The body shop may have not run that wire through the access hole, in which case you will have to remove the tail light panel to find it. If it is missing completely, it just screws to the back of the housings with a ring terminal, so you can build your own. I'll try to get time in the next few days to get you the actual wire colors or what goes where.

Steve

speedy02

Is there any way we can get someone to make a step by step how to for the tail light panel. This would really be helpful in the Restoration Reference for the wiring. I bought a set of 64 T-Bird tail lights and I am trying to get everything that I need to make them plug in. Does anyone know where you can find the 6 pin plug for the tail light side?

rvrtrash

I'll do some checking around and see if I can find a source for the plugs-or something that will work. I'd be willing to write something up on the wiring. What exactly did you have in mind?

Steve

speedy02

well I found this picture of the harness for the tail lights. But I need to know where you can buy the 6 pin plug at? This picture come from a guy that is selling a set for $150.00. They look home made so someone out there must sale the 6 pin connector.

Attachments

• c636_1.JPG
    c636_1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 32

rvrtrash

I haven't been able to locate new plugs yet but I did put a "how to" for repairing the harnesses up in the restoration section. Let me know if I need to clarify anything and I'll edit it.

Steve