• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS In OKC Auction

mmarsalone

I've got to agree with Casey !! Doug, any opinions? That interior is "2Y" Nugget Gold. It looks like my cars twin, althought it doesn't appear to have power disk brakes.

Mike

68sunlitgold

OK....it's got my vote. It's funny that I never saw a GT/CS in 6 1/2 years living in OKC.

I will say my passion for Sunlit Gold really happened on a whim. I had a friend who was a body man at a local shop and loved Mustangs. He bought a '67 Mustang to take parts off it and put on his. After he was done, I worked with him to restore it. After 4 months of work, it was done and they set it outside in front of the body shop to show off their work one evening. That night someone broke into the car and stole it, it was neveer recovered. So my search for another Mustang began. My older sister had a boyfriend in another town and his dad had just purchased a Mustang in Texas and was willing to sell it, and the story begins on my obsession with Sunlit Gold mustangs.
I would like to thank (though I don't agree with stealing) the person who stole that '67 Mustang I had spent my weekends working on. If not for him, I would not have been a '68 Mustang guy and would never had looked into the California Special.
I have never looked back!!

Doug

PFSlim

For you Sunlit gold guys: I saw a 04 or 03 Sunlit Gold mustang in Houston a few weeks ago. Did they make Sunlit Gold in the 03-04's or is this a repaint??

Paul

390cs68rcode

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1399;start=0#msg8150 date=1108139332]
For you Sunlit gold guys: I saw a 04 or 03 Sunlit Gold mustang in Houston a few weeks ago. Did they make Sunlit Gold in the 03-04's or is this a repaint??

Paul
[/quote]

You sure you did not see me in my 68 Sunlit Gold Mustang? ;)

PFSlim

Nope - but wished I would have. Nothing against the new mustangs, but would have loved to have seen the "real deal". ;D ;D ;D

Paul

390cs68rcode

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1399;start=0#msg8163 date=1108174313]
Nope - but wished I would have. Nothing against the new mustangs, but would have loved to have seen the "real deal". ;D ;D ;D

Paul
[/quote]

westside of Houston at Gessner and Westheimer, across from Hooters is where it is parked when I drive it to work. Well, and also Sam's Saturday night around 7:00 unless I drive one of the others. see ya around.