• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Sometimes eBay just cracks me up - '67 'S' code coupe

admin

Staff member
Administrator
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...cebQQitemZ230516853995QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

You find the funniest things on eBay sometimes. Like this '67 coupe with an S code 390. A serious project for sure, but looks kind of interesting; a bare bones coupe ordered to race with basically no options and a 4 speed.

But then you get to the photo below. The seller explains, "The vin tag was cut off so the identity could not be stolen."

Ummmm, yeah right. That's what I do to deter thieves when I put a car in storage; pull off the rotor, disconnect the battery... and cut the VIN off for safe keeping. :rolleyes:

!B1LeLLQBWk~$%28KGrHqF,!jUE%29pfp,2VkBMdZnhohKQ~~_12.JPG

68 special

Doesn't do much good if you cut off the last number in the vin. Trust me, it's there, look real close!!!! Yeah, mine was an "R" code that wasn't stamped very well at the factory, just looks like a "T". LOL

Bret

gazrox

and I like the fact that it has NO rust - I couldn't see any at all!!!!

Lets take the sandblaster to it and see what we can find. LOL

CougarCJ

Not too smart, the law dogs will be with him shortly. LOL

"Honest your honor, I had to remove the VIN stampings for safe keeping. I was afraid that they would rust off and then I could not do a VIN check when I restored her." "I am planning ahead, so to save trouble in the future."
"I heard that those dinercorn mustangs that you can buy in a crate are fastbacks, I'm gonna restore this car as a fastback, but those don't come with no numbers like mine." "I heard that those dinercorn's come in a crate already welded together."

Mustanglvr

Doesn't do much good if you cut off the last number in the vin. Trust me, it's there, look real close!!!! Yeah, mine was an "R" code that wasn't stamped very well at the factory, just looks like a "T". LOL

Bret

Mine too!!!! :cheesy: