• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Saying of the Week, and other Famous Quotes

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." - Charles Dickens

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"Exercise is King, nutrition is Queen, put them together and you’ve got a kingdom." - Jack LaLanne

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” ~ John Quincy Adams

CougarCJ

Last summer, my grandson told me that he and many of his friends would love to hear the whole “How to be a man” speech from the movie, “Secondhand Lions.”

I researched the speech and found out that there was only one paragraph written and the rest of the speech was never completed. So I did what I felt any good grandpa would do and finished the speech for him.

How to be a man

“Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good. That honor, courage and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing. That good always triumphs over evil. And I want you to remember this: that love — true love — never dies! Remember that boy ... remember that. Doesn’t matter if it’s true or not, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.” —“Secondhand Lions”

How a man becomes a man of honor, courage and virtue always starts with self-responsibility. You find honor through your word because an honorable man keeps his word and does what he says he will do. Courage through your will, because fear grips all but a fool, but if your will holds, courage follows. And virtue through your witness, because evil only thrives in the darkness and a virtuous man always enlightens.

Son, a real man always remembers the right hand of justice and defends its five most vulnerable things: liberty, women, children, the elderly and disabled. And the Constitution of the United States of America is the greatest document for freedom and free men on this earth.

Good men resist blindly following other men and follow the truth, regardless of the answers, because truth — like true love — is eternal. Also, a man who cannot love and respect himself can never love and respect another human being. The love of a woman, son, is far more than just sex. A woman’s love can power a man’s soul to heavenly heights and drive a man to create wonders on this earth. Always respect and cherish her love, for family is everything.

Free will is the highest human right. And, son, with its awesome power, comes truly awesome responsibility. This earth is a living thing and should always be treated with great respect. Every human on this earth is a living thing and should always be treated with great respect.

Wisdom will come to you with age, but our creator gave every one of us the internal knowledge of right and wrong. Listen to it, and you will always be walking a wise man’s path.

Never forget this. There are worse things in life than dying, and some things in life worth dying for. So when life gets hard in the future (and it always will), remember our great human history and the fact that no matter how brutal it got, real men were harder.

Son, you can do virtually anything you put your mind to. Be the man you were born to be and take your place among the true men of this world.

Love, Grandpa (aka Norman L. Bonson Jr.)

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up." - Mark Twain

p51

"It may be that the early bird gets the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese" :wink:

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." - Rodney Dangerfield

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ~Albert Einstein

p51

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.

R. I. P. Merlin

Great quote.

I asked my mom once if she thought that dogs went to heaven. Without hesitating she said "Of course". I asked "Why?" She responded... "Well, without dogs it just wouldn't be heaven."

Maine gt/cs

Great quote.

I asked my mom once if she thought that dogs went to heaven. Without hesitating she said "Of course". I asked "Why?" She responded... "Well, without dogs it just wouldn't be heaven."

Your mom's words also make a great quote.

Tim

p51

"If you're going through hell...
...keep going."

- Winston Churchill

p51

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
Give a man a fish every day, enslave him for a lifetime.

- Anonymous... I came across this traditional quote with the last line added on the web

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"It takes less time to do things right than to explain why you did it wrong." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow