• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Front end squeak

Toy68CS

I get a squeak from my right front constantly as I go over even minor bumps. All the front end components look fairly new. The strut bushings are in great shape and I have put new shocks on since buying it in 15.
I think it is the strut bushing but cant tell for sure.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Bruce

1968Cally

Probably upper control arm bushings? Do they have grease fittings? Get your ear down there while someone else jostles the car up and down. That should confirm or exclude and hopefully help you find the squeek.

1968Cally

Probably upper control arm bushings. Do they have grease fittings? Get your ear down there while someone else jostles the car up and down. That should confirm or exclude and hopefully help you find the squeak.

OP
OP
Toy68CS

Toy68CS

Probably upper control arm bushings? Do they have grease fittings? Get your ear down there while someone else jostles the car up and down. That should confirm or exclude and hopefully help you find the squeek.

Thanks Dave will try that.