• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Question: 2007-08 GT/CS Aftermarket Parts??

P

PNewitt

I would like to know if any late model GT/CS owners had preferences for various aftermarket parts for their GT/CS.

This would include:

Ford Racing/SVT
Saleen
Steeda
Roush
Shelby
SilverHorse
Etc...

Do you have the desire, to switch out the stock rear spoiler, or add louvers, hood swaps, fog lights, grilles, taillight trim, etc...OR are you a 100% stock-only person?

Is there a supplier that you would prefer over any others--or would you combine parts to make your own custom GT/CS?

thanks,
Paul.

p.s. what do you think of the HiPo phrase for the late model CS:
"sleeper on steriods" ???

J.Bart

my thoughts keep coming back to the value of the cs. on big items like suspension and drive train, i am staying with ford authorized parts. i think this will keep the value of these cars in the future. the non-permanent items that you can easily change back to stock, are not as critical, but save the original stock parts. you never know when the concourse urge might set in.
what's your thoughts on future values Paul?

i did see a cs with the kr hood, black and bold. it looked extremely good.

joedls

As you know, I am not much of a stickler for orginality. I won't change any of the things on the car that are unique to the GT/CS, such as the front and rear fascia, the side scoops, the stripes, the rear badge, the two-tone interior. But anything else is fair game as far as I'm concerned. And this has nothing to do with future values for me. I don't believe these cars should be bought with an eye towards future values. They should be enjoyed for what they are and can be now, IMHO. I have mine because it's a hell of alot of fun!!! Will it be a collectible in 30 - 40 years? Who knows? I don't really care. I'm not going to make any decisions on what I do to my car now based on what it might be worth in the future.

As far as a preference for aftermarket parts manufacturer, I really don't have any. When I look at doing a modification, I do some research and try to find the parts that best meet my needs. I really don't have any brand loyalty.

GTCS07

I've got parts from all you have listed there except Roush on my car now plus others. I have a Ranger that has all Roush parts on it however. Go figure. I'm not concerned about my car not being stock, Ford didn't care enough about it to even keep track of how many they made or serialize it so I'm just using it as a nicer base than a GT to modify. I keep all the stock parts and try not to do mods that can't be put back to stock but 20 or 30 years from now that can be someone elses problem to deal with. I bought it and I'm going to enjoy it as I see fit.

QuarterHorse

I prefer to keep my modifications to those they can be returned to stock rather easily. I've done a few things under the hood like a custom airbrushed plenum cover (Unique Automotive Designs), as well as shock tower covers and radiator cover extensions (Midwest Autogear). These mods give the engine bay a more finished appearance and add a little flash. However, it is all easily returned to stock within minutes.

For the interior, I added headrest wraps (Grand Design Mat) and floor mats with the mustang tribar logo. I also had a custom GT/CS dash plaque made. Again, all modifications that can be easily returned to stock.

Modifications I may consider in the future include mufflers and cold air intake with tune. Most likely these will be Ford Racing items.

As I stated in another thread. I really enjoy my GT/CS as is and don't feel a nagging urge to modify the heck out of it. However, I agree with GTCS07 above when he states that it is a nicer base than the GT to start with. You get a much nicer body kit from the get-go, not to mention the two-toned seats. I'm confused by his comment about Ford not keeping track of how many they made.... I thought we had a production number of 7,653 for the '07 GT/CS. That is rare enough for me to consider it a special edition. That doesn't mean, however, that you shouldn't enjoy your car as you see fit.

GTCS07

I meant if it wasn't for Paul telling us how many were made we wouldn't know. Ford didn't know when I called them. Also it isn't numbered like the Bullitt, Shelby, SVT line, Harley trucks, etc. They considered it a trim upgrade for a GT.
I don't have a problem with cars that are left stock, I'm just more of the mindset that I don't want to pull up to a light and see myself on the other side. I notice most of the '68 cars on this site have some mods as well and I don't think that hurts them either.

J.Bart

it's a matter of preference, like said: we bought them to enjoy. what i have done to mine, might not be appealing to someone else. and it is interesting to see a car that varies a little in colors and options, go in diffrent directions by the owners. all the after market parts help, never seen so many different things. anybody else got the taillight sequencers?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I appreciate your responses....

I also think that one-half of what a GT/CS is by defination is what Ford produces, and the other half is by ownership, whether that be bone stock, or modified.

WE will define what the GT/CS personal experience is, and will be. It's up to us. The "norm" is by what we do on our own.

There is an amazing amount of excitement from the late model owners, and I've noticed that there is also a lot of pride of ownership. Owners are dissappointed in that Ford didn't follow more along the lines of the original, and so, are modifying their CSs to look more like them.

The GT/CS was born out of the customizing in California in the 1960's. It already has that "pedigree"...so the idea of modification is PART of that CS experience.

It's that Calif. customizing heritage that separates the GT/CS from the regular Mustangs, AND (!!) the Shelbys (and Roush, Steeda and Saleen Mustangs). That is who we are, and where we belong. WE defined that for Ford....now it's up to us to carry on that tradition.....because..."California really did make it happen"....

Paul N.