• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1968 CS and HCS Coffee Table Book

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Unless you're a dinosaur!! :cool:

I'm starting to feel more and more like a dinosaur every day that's for sure. All the things my dad used to have to call me to do for him like set his new watch, change the clock in his pickup and fix his computer, I have to call my kids to do now. What's up with that and when exactly did I forget how to do all that?

Cory

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Cory,

I sent you an email. I guess I need to get my car all shined up and go take lots of pictures!

Tim, Grab your camera - I need your help :wink: There is a great spot not too far away from my daughters house where we could take some awesome pictures!

Thanks Renee and Tim, I do want several of the close up shots as described, I think that will make the best cover shots.

robert campbell

Jon,
We REALLY need your car and how you got involved in the hobby. And we REALLY need you to write something form the heart about how/why you started this site. This site IS the hobby and the genesis of our family. A cannot thank you enough for doing what you did. I have met so many great people!

I am not a long time member, but it is obvious you are a man of few words and stay in the background, under the radar. You have moderated this site awesomely through more than a few "conflicts". Not easy and I commend you for it.

Please join this book and write something! It will not be complete without you. None of this would be possible without you efforts and foresight to create our home

Rob

Midnight Special

Cory,

Tim, Grab your camera - I need your help :wink: There is a great spot not too far away from my daughters house where we could take some awesome pictures!

...Don't forget Renee, we have P-51 Mustangs coming to town for more photo ops ;-)

I also can't agree with Rob more re; Jon Hannah! I honestly don't think he realizes the magnitude or impact he has had on the GT/CS/HCS community and in many cases - our lives in general.

I never considered myself a "car guy" before, nor do I today. But with the knowledge, enthusiasm, fellowship, great people and experiences gained from this site (without conditions), I, like many of you find myself getting the most from this significant era in a way better than I could've ever imagined (or adequately express)

Thinking back over the last 4 years..... I just don't see any other way this could've happened. 'Makes you wonder what the future holds...

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Just a bump or reminder to everyone that you must sign up by following the instruction in the email called "You in a book" this is the first step to becoming a part of the family history.

Progress so far.

The book is started, forward is complete, the cover of the book is done with the exception of I want to play with the photos a little bit, Renee's CS will be on the cover both front and back. The basic introduction is being written and I will probably start sending out the first requests for information today.

I will complete one chapter at a time by working with one member at time so I can get their information and photos complete and sat out of the way before I move to the next chapter/member. I would hate to mix up photos with members.

I will update the information and give everyone a preview of what I will need in the "You in a Book" thread so it stays with the sign up information. Once that is posted please start working on your story and getting your photos together so it is ready when I request it.

Thanks, Cory