• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Nasty Storm rolls though calif.

1968cal

Hope you guys up in the Sierra foothills fared ok. The SF bay area was just hammered for at least 24hs. Mike & Robinette I hope evey one at your place in Chicago Park are Safe and dry. Steve.:smile:

robert campbell

This storm just brushed us this time in the Seattle area. I have been trying to replace a bulkhead at our lake property (Haven Lake near Belfair, Paul). This bulkhead is the one that retains our beach area. They lower our lake 2 feet in the winter so a great time to do it.

Problem is we have had the rainiest December in quite some time. Lake fills up faster than it can drain out.... We had 12 inches of rain in one 24 hour period (December 3). Many washouts of bridges and lots of home damage... Closed Interstate 5 for almost a week!

Hope we dry out soon...... Just looked outside and saw a bright round ball of yellow..... Is that the sun???? Crap, it is gone already....

By the way, GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!! That might start something!!

Rob

Midnight Special

...It hit our area very hard. 'Still no power outside of Grass Valley, lots of trees down and 25+ broken power polls locally. "Round two" is just beginning with heavy snowfall here where I work in Grass Valley. The winds were intense, causing the sides of the building to behave as the roof...

aemoo28

Yes this has been an awful rainy & windy season in the NW. In fact there was a tree branch on my CS this morning from the storm last night- didn't scratch, thankfully... ought to put on the cover at night... Hey Campbell, another CS person is across the Puget Sound in Ballard! See you at the Roundup in July!

HappyHour

Might wanna get that CS inside as a chance of hail in the Bay Area tonight as the colder storm should be passing thru.

Alot of damage due to high winds and down trees\powerlines are closing freeways\bridges not normally seen. On the lighter side saw some cops chasing rogue Xmas trees across streets that were fleeing the scene. :grin:

Robert

somethingspecial

Hi Steve, Thanks for asking. Everyone here is fine. The power went out Friday morning, and just now was restored. We lost some trees, but luckily I had PG&E take one down on Thursday to prevent powerline damage. It was one of the trees in the front yard that was starting to uproot right toward the powerlines. I lost one of my tents in front of my shop due to wind, didn't fly away, but the old tarps finally gave up the fight. I'm glad though, now I can (have to) do something about it. Mike