• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Quarter Window Regulator back on Conv

green56

is their any easy way on replacing the Regulators on at back windows of a 66 conv so you don't have to take out the back seats top&bottomseats to replace them Tom From WI

OP
OP
G

green56

Quarter window Regulators

If they are that hard to replace i guess i will take the car in 78 years old i am not as limber as i use to be Thanks Tom WI

robert campbell

Tom,
Hope you can find someone with attention to detail. The installation is bad enough, but the adjustment is equally trying. The installer will need your top up and the front windows in the up position. Sometimes both the front and back window need to be adjusted simultaneously to get them right.

I have spent the better part of a day just adjusting the windows and they are very dependent on the door hinge and door alignment. To me one of the most tedious tasks on a restoration of a Mustang.

Rob

OP
OP
G

green56

window regulators

I know this person he did some work on the 68 He works for a Restoration Company on Mustangs that is all they do is high end mustangs and he does this on the side so i hope he will if the 66 He found the overheating on the 68 in 10 Min when i had 5 different people try to fix car and the problem was the Distribulator So i hope he can and will do it Thanks for the INFO Tom WI