• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bonehead alert....help me troubleshoot this foglight gremlin

390cs68rcode

restored the entire grill/foglight area including new molding. So I flip the headlights on today and the headlight AND foglights come on. Here is another thing....the foglight are flickering.

There was only one place where I disconnected the foglights and I am 99% sure I hooked them up the proper way when reinstalling.

have not taken the time to remove/loosen the vlance to get a good look at the wiring so what do you guys think it can be?

rvrtrash

I'd be willing to bet that you plugged the foglights into the side or front marker light plug. Check to see which one of those is out. You can verify by turning on your fog lights without the headlights on and seeing what comes on.
Steve

Russ

If you look closely at the plugs on the wiring harness, they are color coded. The headlamps have a BROWN three prong plug/receptacle, and the fog lamps have a two prong BLUE plug/receptable. The side markers have a two prong BLACK plug/receptacle and the parking lamp/turn signal has a three prong BLACK plug /receptacle.

The colors may be faded or dirty, but if they are cleaned, the colors are very apparent, making it very hard to miswire the car. Hope this helps,

Russ

P

PNewitt

I think Steve got it. It's the marker lights.....and the one of the wires to the fog lights is shorting out--making it flicker.

I'm pretty sure that the front marker lights use the same male/female Ford plug, as the Fog Lights.

The fog lights work on a separate circuit and (fog light) switch, but share the taillight and dash light circuit with the headlights.

Somehow--find the fog light plugs, somewhere just below the grille, and test them with the fog light switch, and a tester, or multimeter (voltmeter).

I'd give the headlight switch a look--since you might have blown out a diode or something in there when you turned on everything.

Keep us posted....

Paul N.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

thanks guys will check it out this afternoon. Thinking about it and I bet the side marker thing is the answer since I replaced the side markers while restoring the grille area.

:-[