• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CSs on Ebay

390cs68rcode

for 19.9k I would think they could have bought the GT hubcaps instead of the plain repro ones. ;)

at least they are raising the 14-16k bar a little. attaboy!

hookedtrout

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1460;start=0#msg8554 date=1110592554]
for 19.9k I would think they could have bought the GT hubcaps instead of the plain repro ones. ;)

[/quote]

Aren't the plain caps the correct caps on the GT/CS unless it has the GT package included?

I'll be the first to agree the GT look much better but I thought the plain caps were the correct caps on a non GT optioned car with Styled Steel.

Hook

390cs68rcode

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1460;start=0#msg8565 date=1110615484]
[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1460;start=0#msg8554 date=1110592554]

[/quote]

Aren't the plain caps the correct caps on the GT/CS unless it has the GT package included?

I'll be the first to agree the GT look much better but I thought the plain caps were the correct caps on a non GT optioned car with Styled Steel.

Hook
[/quote]

the real experts will chime in here but my car is a 2bbl so how could it be a GT? We will be some more specifics when some of the others find this thread.

mmarsalone

You had to have a least a "J" code in 68' to purchase the GT option. Many people add the GT caps and the GT rear valance. I just swapped the GT caps for the plain ones on my car to be correct. I also took off the chrome air cleaner and Cobra valve covers and put all original ehgine components back on too. Kinda going for the factory look. But I'm keeping my rear valance and quad tips.

Mike

GT_CS

WOW i've even noticed Mr Newitts book lurking around with the documentation? cool! do you think this car has been restored? because it seems the GT/CS on the cover of Paul's book is the same colour but with the White decals?

mmarsalone

I went and looked at the car today. It looks like a nice original car. A few paint chips here and there. It does have all of the original GT CS parts. I didn't look under the car or at the engine compartment. I could go back and get pictures or any info if anybody wants something in particular.

Mike

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

The St Louis car sold for $19,900 while the Scottsdale car is at $17,100 with the reserve not met and one day left. (They'd probably get more for the red one if they hadn't been drinking when they installing the scoop stripes.)

Looks to me like values are rising nicely and the commonly accepted $15,000 figure is not longer valid. $20,000 for a clean car with no rust seems reasonable.