• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Chalk another trophy up for a CS!

390cs68rcode

Placed 3rd in my class today at a local car show. 200 cars in the show and about 15 in my class. The guy who beat me for second was in the wrong class (his car in nonetheless better than mine) so it could have been a second place trophy but was not meant to be. This was spur of the moment this morning so I should have more time to prepare for next weekends show.

See you Houston guys at the show next weekend.

P

PNewitt

I've always said that "two thumbs up on the highway equals one car show trophy".

Paul N.

P

PNewitt

However....let me add that I can't think of any other Mustang so well documented for Concours judging. My books have every nut and bolt and color identified.

If anyone wants to go the show route--we're here to help you play hardball with the other cars (and/or Mustangs) at the most "highbrow" car shows. It's just a matter of judges knowing what makes these cars what they are.

That is what we're all about--you can go in any direction with your GT/CS (HCS), and be respected for your choice.

I honor anyone who has won trophies for attending car shows! Good Job!

Paul N.

hcsstang

I have one question? What color is the control arm upper and lower. I was told thar one end is natural and the rest black.

P

PNewitt

For years, the Ford service part was half natural, half black.

The last time I checked, the concours "guru" Jeff Speegle said that the whole arm was natural from the factory. I have seen photos at the factory of them being natural for the '67--but I haven't confirmed one way or the other for the San Jose-produced Mustang and Cougar.

Anyone else know this one?

Paul N.