• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shelby signature

Mustanglvr

Did all Shelbys have Carroll Shelby`s signature? Did "Little Red" and the "Green Hornet" have his signature? Rhonda

case12

I think Shelby autographs on his cars have been a more recent thing (ie, he signs them at shows). He didnt sign every one coming off the line. BTW, I havent forgotten your request for a Shelby autograph at the May 28 Shelby show here in IL. I dont even know if he will be signing, but if so, I do plan to have him sign my visor and also get a signed picture (if that is what you were looking for). I'll do my best. Casey

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Thank you Casey, that is so nice of you. I will return the favor someday. :) Rhonda

rvrtrash

Be prepared to shell out some bucks, he ain't signing for free. I contacted his childrens foundation to have a picture I have of the original Cobra Caravan signed and they want $100.00 plus shipping. I might still take it off the wall but haven't decided yet.

Steve

390cs68rcode

[quote author=n.id.steve link=board=1;threadid=1677;start=0#msg10455 date=1115914070]
Be prepared to shell out some bucks, he ain't signing for free. I contacted his childrens foundation to have a picture I have of the original Cobra Caravan signed and they want $100.00 plus shipping. I might still take it off the wall but haven't decided yet.

Steve
[/quote]

it is $100 for pictures and such and $200 for car parts. The proceds go to his charity so it is a little different than lining his pockets IMO.

case12

Steve, you are right. (I am hoping at a show I paid to enter, it may be less?). Anyone can mail items to Shelby's childrens foundation to have him autograph. Shelby will sign merchandise, photos, posters, owners manuals, etc for $100, and car parts for $200. With $15 for shipping and handling. All goes to the Shelby Childrens Foundation.

A side hobby I have is collecting baseball autographs (I have over 100 all the way back to Ty Cobb), and the Shelby price for autograph is the going rate for top (average) living players - some are much higher. Casey

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Gee, I had no idea Shelby had marketed himself that much. If its going to cost you money to get that signature for me Casey then just forget it. I`d rather put the $100.00 into my car. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it. Rhonda

rvrtrash

[quote author=jbsteven it off the wall but haven't decided yet.

it is $100 for pictures and such and $200 for car parts. The proceds go to his charity so it is a little different than lining his pockets IMO.

I never said or meant to imply he's lining his pockets. I know it's for a charity and will probably send in the money, but I didn't know if Rhonda knew how much the signature would cost her and just wanted her to know up front.

Steve

Russ

I think Carroll Shelby is doing a great thing for children by having people donate to his "Children's Foundation" for the privilege of receiving his signature. I think items with his signature will appreciate in value in the future, therefore, its a "win-win" situation for everyone.

Russ

rvrtrash

It is a good thing, and I know he's not making anything off it. I'm not big on autographs and such, don't care what it will be worth someday, but I think I have to do this. Back in the late 70's, I bought 2 of the Cobra Caravan pictures, had them framed and gave one to a good friend. He got his signed a few years ago and everytime I see his I think how cool is that.

Hey JB- no sweat man, we're good. I misinterpeted.

Steve

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

I know the money is probably going to a good cause cuz I have heard about his childrens foundation. I was just surprised to hear he would sign just anything even something he did`nt help design. I figured he`d sign just a Shelby car or a photograph. Anyhoo, for the meantime I can`t afford his signature. ;D Rhonda