• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS on History's Full Throttle

Mosesatm

The History Channel has a program called "Full Throttle" where 2 teams fix up identical beaters then race them in the quarter mile. The winning team gets both cars. This week's show was '68 Mustangs coupes. There were horrible inaccuracies in the show, like they kept showing a '69 Mach 1 while talking about '68s but, on the good side, they also show 2 or 3 shots of GT/CSs. The shots are fleeting so if you don't have TiVo or its equivalent you'll need to really pay attention to see them.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Don't know about times, I had it on TiVo and watched it last night. I'll check TiVo and see when it's playing again.

TiVo....the greatest invention since the GT/CS

quicknick

I finally saw the new Mustang commercial (haven't been watching TV much) with the old Mustangs on the drive in movie screen in the background.
Had to save that one on the Tivo since they show the back end of a CS. Very cool!!

meadowsdk28

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1734;start=0#msg11032 date=1117315254]
[/quote]

I don't know?! I have a DVR on my sattallite dish which is a tivo and I'm always rewinding cool stuff. At least in my opinion it's cool stuff. All I know is the "punch in my arm for annoying her" factor has risen as a direct result of it.

hookedtrout

[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=1;threadid=1734;start=0#msg11043 date=1117365963]
[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1734;start=0#msg11032 date=1117315254]
[/quote]

I don't know?! I have a DVR on my sattallite dish which is a tivo and I'm always rewinding cool stuff. At least in my opinion it's cool stuff. All I know is the "punch in my arm for annoying her" factor has risen as a direct result of it.
[/quote]

I have DVR as well and I love it. Better than Tivo as there isn't any monthly charge for it. I understand Tivo has a monthly charge? I know Direct TV charges a monthly fee to have disc recordability so I questioned them as to what exactly the charge was for. Never did get a good answer. How can they charge by the month to have a hard drive on your own receiver unless you just rent the receiver I guess.

Hook

quicknick

My Tivo is set up through my Direct TV. I don't pay for it. Now HDTV is a different story. I pay through the roof every month for that!

hookedtrout

[quote author=quicknick link=board=1;threadid=1734;start=0#msg11063 date=1117422801]
My Tivo is set up through my Direct TV. I don't pay for it. Now HDTV is a different story. I pay through the roof every month for that!
[/quote]

You must have got lucky and signed up before they decided to charge. I was looking at Directv and saw the fee and thought that is crazy to charge for. Below is a cut paste from their web site says $4.99 a month for DVR/Tivo subscription? You might check your billing maybe you are paying extra and didn't realize it.

Hook

System Price: $99.00 TOTAL CHOICE® $41.99 /mo.
Handling & Delivery: $19.95 Mirroring Fee 2nd Receiver: $4.99 /mo.

DIRECTV® DVR with TiVo® subscription: $4.99 /mo.

quicknick

Just checked my billing. It looks like the fee gets waived if you have a "Premium" package.
We were both right. Either way, we are still paying way too much for TV these days. It cost me more per month than upkeep on the Mustang! LOL

hookedtrout

[quote author=quicknick link=board=1;threadid=1734;start=0#msg11066 date=1117470637]
Just checked my billing. It looks like the fee gets waived if you have a "Premium" package.
We were both right. Either way, we are still paying way too much for TV these days. It cost me more per month than upkeep on the Mustang! LOL
[/quote]

Isn't that the truth! If a guy ever needed a good raise all he would have to do it drop the TV, Cell Phones, Sattelite Radio, and other small luxuries and get outside and play with the extra money. At least they aren't long term committments so dropping them is only a phone call away if we need.

Hook