• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

tail light harness

Sarge

DSO51,
Sorry to disappoint you, but I think that this is the only part that if new is made from "unobtainium"... I have been looking for over 3 years and never heard even a rumor of someone making one. :'(

If anyone out there knows of someone who reproduces these, I'm sure there are several members (myself included) that would "pay thru the nose" for one of these harnesses.
Robert

OP
OP
D

DSO51

I contacted Tony Branda and Larry's Mustang and Thunderbird today. Both places said they know of no such harness. Too bad. Seems like there would be a need for them. I guess it's just a matter of economics; although, that hasn't stopped manufacturers in the past. Well - I'll keep on looking. In the meantime, I guess I will just do a rebuild. Any suggestions on this undertaking would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if the kit from "MustangProject" would screw into the existing 65 bezel holes?

Thanks as always,

Craig Dunn

jk89cat

i was looking thru my cjpony parts catalog and they list 2 harnesses for taillamp on shelby and cs special. l and r . they are not illistrated but im curious to see what they are . scince i need to figuire this out for my 67 as well. justin

OP
OP
D

DSO51

Lucky break! The reason for my malfunctioning taillights was a faulty ground coming off the harness. Of course, I tried that while the lights were in the car and had no luck. It wasn't until I had them out to bench test them did it become apparent.

Thanks again to all those who offered the great suggestions!

Craig (DSO51)