• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What value would YOU put on this CS?

390cs68rcode

390, 4 speed, no air, no power steering. Average condition, paint so so. No major problems mechanically (and probably not numbers matching engine) but in need of freshening.

what do you think it is worth?

68gt390

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1745;start=0#msg11086 date=1117624958]
come on. let's see some numbers!
[/quote]

OK, how bout this one. I bought my GT 390 Coupe 3 years ago, factory paint (so, so) C-6, good interior, needed engine work, and new suspension front & back, brakes and exhaust. Car was in average condition based on miles (113,000). I paid $10,000 out the door and drove it from Chicago to Ohiol. I could have gotten by without some of the work but, to me suspension, brakes and engine were safety items I wanted done.

Hey Arlie; It's Highland Green!!!!

A neighbor of mine bought his 390 GT Coupe last year. 4 speed, A/C (not working), Poney Interior, lower and upper console, no power steering, bad paint (cracks/chips), engine rebuilt. He paid $12,500 out the door.

Don 8)

Mosesatm

Ok Jason I'll throw out a number just to start the conversation.

Garage addition $25,000.....oops, sorry wrong numbers.

Is it a S-code car or a C or J code car with a 390 installed? That will make a big difference.

Let's assume it is an S-code with a different 390. With nothing else interesting about the car and with it needing a major freshening or even restoration I end up right back to our $15,000 - $17,000 figure, adjusting a little up or down depending on how much "freshening" it needs.

Nice original or restored small blocks are now in the $17,500 to $18,500 range so I would think an unrestored big block should, more or less, be in the same range.

Big blocks are the rage now so it's really hard to say, at least until gas hits $3.00 per gallon.

68gt390

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1745;start=0#msg11090 date=1117633810]
DON

WHAT PRICE WOULD YOU PUT ON MY 390 cs AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD???????

oops caps
[/quote]

Jason;
Arlie was right the first time, at least $25,000 and yes Arlie those are not wrong numbers. You've been peaking at the NADA stuff haven't you? You also forgot the "X" code in there to. I basically look at the "X" code and "S" code as being the same engine (very little difference really). Although there are those who will say the "S" code should pull more money and they may well be right it's just my opionion. From the photo's I've seen of Jason's car (very little needing to be done) I would put it well within the mid 20's if not higher. I've already been offered that for my CS and that was before I even finished the work on mine. It's now finished but, no for sale. But, again as we all know prices and appriaisels and what you actually get for a car are very subjective. Again, it's what ever the market can handle. I figure if someone wants something bad enough and I just happen to have it, it's an open market. Again, these are just my thoughts on it. And even when gas does hit $3.00 I'll still be driving my car.

Don ;)

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

Don

thanks. The car in this thread is not the car I bought. There is another 390 CS I am considering buying and want some feedback.

luisa2552

My car is as described only not the big block- it's got a 289 AND it's Highland Green ;). It needs paint, but still looks good from a distance. Mechanicaly sound and interior not terrible. We got it for trade last year- my husband did some work that would have cost the guy about $6,000. We think we got an awesome deal.
Sara

68gt390

Jason;
To give you an idea of price. When I bought mine Feb 04, S Code, 4 speed, they were asking $23,950. By the time I got done looking at the car and going back and forth I finally got it for $16,500. Paint and body work were done (so I thought), but, engine and interior needed work. I've since finished all that along with several floor pans and new torque box. Hope that helps. My car is a non A/C car but, does have power steering.

Don 8)

coloradoHCS

OK, last year I bought my HCS from Bish for $16,500. It is a 289 4 speed, dealer added air, disc brakes, ps, AM radio, trac-loc diff. Highland green with black interior. Car took Concurse Bronze in 2003 in Dearborn, MI Ford show. Car is in excellent condition.

The value would seem to agree with Casey and Arlie stating a big block in average condition bringing about $17,000 or about the price of a nice small block.

Big blocks are the rage now so maybe a little more. Mark.