• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Eleanor (Not my Idea!!!!)

Mosesatm

This is on ebay right now. The guy is offering to turn a purple GT/CS, with round fog lights, with a buy-it-now of $20,000 into an Eleanor clone for an extra $8,500. Hook I think you missed a rodent on your last hunt!

THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT THE MUSTANG. THIS IS A 1968 CALIFORNIA SPECIAL GT/CS MUSTANG. ITS A PRETTY RARE CAR FROM WHAT I HAVE READ ABOUT IT. ITS AN AUTOMATIC AND IT HAS POWER STEERING AND RADIO. THE ONLY AIR IT HAS IS WHEN YOUR GOING DOWN THE ROAD WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN. THE FRONT SEAT HAS A TEAR IN IT, BUT WE HAVE ORDERED BRAND NEW SEAT COVERS FOR IT AND THEY WILL BE PUT ON WHEN YOU PICK THE CAR UP. AS YOU CAN TELL BY THE PICTURES THIS IS A REALLY SHARP CAR. BUT IF YOU BUY IT DONT EXPECT A BRAND NEW CAR. ITS NEARLY 40 YEARS OLD. BUT DONT BE AFRAID OF IT EITHER ITS NICE... THE CAR HAS A REBUILT TITLE BECAUSE THE CAR WAS RESTORED A WHILE BACK. THERE IS A PICTURE OF THE DOOR TAG WITH THE NUMBERS ON IT ALSO. THIS CAR BELONGS TO A FRIEND OF MINE AND HE DRIVES IT EVERYWHERE. ITS A GOOD DEPENDABLE DRIVER. IT DRIVES STRAIGHT AND HAS LOTS OF POWER.. I BELIEVE IT HAS FLOWMASTER MUFFLERS ON IT. THE TIRES ARE VERY GOOD SHAPE AND IT HAS MIRROR TINT ON THE WINDOWS,,

ALSO IF YOU WOULD WANT TO TURN THIS CAR INTO A ELEANOR COUPE CLONE WE CAN DO IT FOR YOU FOR $8500 MORE THAN THE FINAL SALE PRICE. IT WILL LOOK JUST LIKE ELEANOR EXCEPT THE FACT ITS A COUPE.. THE PAINT WILL BE SHOWROOM IF YOU WANT US TO ELEANOR IT.. THANKS FOR LOOKING..

QUESTIANS?

JOENO3@YAHOO

OR CALL KARL AT :

918-427-2255

Sarge

Yeah, I agree with you JB. Who knows what each different state does though... If I was to guess, I would say it was totaled at one point in time, and then brought back to life with the "rebuilt" title hanging around it's bumper like an albatross.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Sarge link=board=1;threadid=1746;start=0#msg11116 date=1117681580]
Just surfing on line and ran across this link for a '68 Shelby 500 KR!!! Don't know the validity of the site, but for $65K, this is one sweeeettt car:

http://www.shelbygt500kr.com/sale.html#dark

JB????
[/quote]

definately in the ballpark but no AC (a real big deal for me).

hookedtrout

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1746;start=0#msg11120 date=1117711579]
[quote author=Sarge link=board=1;threadid=1746;start=0#msg11116 date=1117681580]
Just surfing on line and ran across this link for a '68 Shelby 500 KR!!! Don't know the validity of the site, but for $65K, this is one sweeeettt car:

http://www.shelbygt500kr.com/sale.html#dark

JB????
[/quote]

definately in the ballpark but no AC (a real big deal for me).
[/quote]

You want AC or don't want AC? I was always told that AC in a Shelby was similar to AC in a dragster...not. It robbed the HP which was exactly what the Shelby was all about. Did they make a lot of them with AC?

I can understand having it now as owning a Shelby now for the most part is about having the sweetest car around and AC makes the cruise around showing it off that much more enjoyable. I just wondered if there were many made with AC.

Hook

390cs68rcode

I have a V-12 Benz for speed. Any other car I would own would not touch it in speed and refinement so yes I want AC (and automatic) even on a Shelby.

BTW I am adding AC to my 390 CS next week. ;D

68sunlitgold

Please keep us posted on how the A/C installation goes, if you are doing a "factory" install I would be ver interested in how it went. I know Sarge is also looking at installing factory A/C in his car. My CS has A/C but once I get back to the states I plan to use my coupe as a daily driver and with a black interior I think GA will be a hot place this summer. I have all the part to do it just wondering how long it will take to install. Thanks
Doug

390cs68rcode

it is the one that goes in the dash and looks similar to the stock AC. under the hood will be a sanden. It is 95 degrees and 80% humidity here so the original compressors struggle to keep up.

joedls

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1746;start=0#msg11178 date=1117852384]
there is only 4 months a year it is NOT summer here.
[/quote]

I am originally from the Houston area. Moved away 18 years ago. My family is having a reunion in Baytown this year. I tried with all my might to convince everyone this should be in the Spring or Fall. BUT NOOOOOO! We have to have it in July. I do not look forward to the weather. Now, if I had my CS with AC down there, it wouldn't be so bad. Too bad you can't rent one.

I have an idea, how about one of you Houston guys renting me one of yours. ;) ;D

hookedtrout

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1746;start=0#msg11178 date=1117852384]
there is only 4 months a year it is NOT summer here.
[/quote]

It's always summer in Idaho,
September October and November its "Summer Just Got Over",

December January and February it's "Sure Wish it Was Summer",

March April and May it's "Almost Summer"

and June July and August it's enjoy it while it's here cuz winter is just around the corner and I've seen 3" of snow in July. ;)

Sure has been a nice spring with lots of rain this year however. I have not watered my lawn once this year so far and I have over an acre of lawn that is all nice and green and beautiful.

Hook

joedls

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1746;start=15#msg11204 date=1117901066]
my rental rates are pretty high. ;)
[/quote]

Of course you can submit a bill for such services. After all, we are not communists here.