• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Colors of the sterring emblems

hcsstang

While at Carlisle a guy told me about the color of the emblem on the steering wheel and he procced to tell me that the color arrangemente is red ,white and blue well mine is reveresed any truth to this. The one that he mentioned is the large one in the middle of the steering wheel.

quicknick

My car has Pauls emblem on the steering wheel pad, but I bought a black steering wheel pad some years ago at a swap meet and the emblem is red, white, and blue. I've never seen anything different.

case12

Mine, original, is red/white/blue from left to right. Other emblems I have on my other mustangs are this way too. Casey

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

While at Carlisle I found some the same way as mine but I was told that the correct way is Red White and blue . Well I got to change mine.

hookedtrout

This kind of stuff about the cars just baffles me. Why would anyone change it. Even if the paint got bad and someone wanted to spruce it up wouldn't they paint it the same as it was?

Interesting things we find sometimes. Makes you wonder if some guy at the factory making the part was mad at someone and thought I'll show'em. I'll paint it bass ackwards. :eek:

Hook

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

The one that I purchased was a repo probably made over seas. The same way with the voltage regulator. Remember mine stuck open and cooked battery acid out. :-[

meadowsdk28

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1761;start=0#msg11277 date=1118022843]
maybe the repros were a different combination to get away from the trademark thing.
[/quote]
That would be my guess. I had one of the deluxe round badges that went on the dash and it was backwards, too. Made in Taiwan! I finally found the right one at a swap meet. Still have the misprint.

Hey, wait a minute!!

Or......it was a accidental misprint at the factory. Extremely rare. Kind of like the misprinted buffalo nickels. I'll start taking bids from members only starting at oh, let's say...$500. Yeah, that's the ticket...Who wants to start the bidding on this rare, one of a kind find? ;D

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

While at the Hershey MuseumI was looking at a Continential convertible and if you look at the word continenial on the hood the last letter was backward they say some of them came from the factory like that. you can't reverse the letter because of the spacing. They called it the friday or monday car. Somebody waiting for the week end or coming to work on Mon. with a hang over.