• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Some things are just Wrong

Mosesatm

Three random thoughts that are sort of related:

1. This country started going down hill when porches were built on the backs of the houses instead of the fronts.

2. Any person working in a bodyshop who replaces the original fasteners on our Mustangs with metric units should have those fasteners placed somewhere.

3. Bubble wrap should be made with individual bubbles, not all tied together so when one pops they all deflate. The person who invented the continuous flow bubble wrap ranks even lower than the person in #2 but should have a case of the new bubble wrap placed in the same spot.

Thank you for listening. I feel better and will go back to work now.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

68gt390 said:
Arlie;
We wouldn't be having a bad day would we? :wink:
But, you are right about all three.

Don

Actually having a fine day.

The fastener thing was last weekend, just before the killer seat attacked me.

Crawled under the car, looked at the bolt in question and decided it was either a 3/8 or 7/16.

Crawled out from under the car got the sockets, then crawled back under the car.....neither fit.

Crawled back out from under the car and got wrenches, figuring I had a bad socket. Crawled back under the car....neither fit. Uttered expletive and threw one of the wrenches across the garage.

Crawled back out from the under the car and got 4 wrenches out of the metric drawer. Crawled back under the car.....perfect fit. Removed bolt.

Went to the next bolt...wrenches wouldn't fit. Refrained from throwing wrench.

Crawled out from under car, pulled first wrenches out of garage door. Crawled back under the car and removed the 2nd bolt.

Now that was turning into a bad day!!

68gt390

Look at it this way once everything is said and done and the car is finished, you'll look back on some of the things that happen and have a good chuckle.
That's what is so neat about working on our CS's. I see the scars on my hands and my forward and still look back on some of the things that have happened to me on both my cars and can smile about it. Some times I even think to myself - man was that stupid or you should of done it a different way. The best thing about it all is one of my friends down the street usually comes over after he hasn't seen me for a few days and he knows I've been working on the car and he just says - Hey take a break and lets have a beer.

I do hope you swapped that bolt out.

Don :rofl: