• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

First time owner

CougarCJ

Finally found a GT/CS that I can afford.

302-4V automatic, white with black stripes.
Ordered the Marti report, but I/we believe that it is the real deal. I was able to bribe a long time GT/CS owner to ride out and help me evaluate this project.

Only missing fog lights, engine, transmission, side glass, door panels, and drive shaft.

I will get pictures eventually.
Some assembly required:tongue:

classicsguy

Congratulations on your purchase!! It will be fun putting it together. I also bought a very rough project J-code 4 speed car and it had no engine but thanks to Neill from this forum i got the correct J code engine. Have original transmission and needs rebuilt. Put some pictures when available!!

spoiler

I can't resist!!

To quote CougarCJ ."this thread is pointless with no pics" I just had to say it it was the response he gave me first time I posted on this site. I can't wait to see the pics.

cnassif

I'm 5 weeks into my restoration and it's a blast! It costs a lot and is very time consuming but, let's be honest. I didn't get into this to make money.

Mustanger

Finally found a GT/CS that I can afford.

302-4V automatic, white with black stripes.
Ordered the Marti report, but I/we believe that it is the real deal. I was able to bribe a long time GT/CS owner to ride out and help me evaluate this project.

Only missing fog lights, engine, transmission, side glass, door panels, and drive shaft.

I will get pictures eventually.
Some assembly required:tongue:

Congrats!!! Wow, now if Joe were to get his '68 on the road again, we could all cruise together in white CSs ... the three amigos :wink: ...

Attachments

• GASCS40th1.jpg
    GASCS40th1.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 28
  • LaVerneJoe'sCS.jpg
    LaVerneJoe'sCS.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 28
  • myCS.jpg
    myCS.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

Car really isn't much to look at, right now.

I will see about hanging some pieces on the body to give you all a visual.

Here is what I have put together in my head though.

whitegtcs.gif

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

Old Yeller, come back yeller ...

My Marti report came over the weekend. :grin:

Turns out my car is Meadowlark Yellow, I was relying on the information from an old registry. I also ordered a new door tag to replace the missing one.

Originally sold in Long Beach, California at Mel Burns Ford. On my birthday in 1968.

My car is a pre-production car scheduled for build 05B - February 5th.

OldYeller.jpg

Mustanglvr

Car really isn't much to look at, right now.

I will see about hanging some pieces on the body to give you all a visual.

Here is what I have put together in my head though.

whitegtcs.gif

Wow, that one looks very familiar,lol.

aemoo28

I must say I'm glad to be going thru my own re-builing project with my new '68. It's opened up a new world of education for me, and the team building aspect is priceless. I know that by taking EVERYTHING out and testing/rebuilding/replacing ALL the parts, when it's put back together in the spring then I know it will be 100% dependable and reliable.

Looking back, I wouldn't have it any other way- other than not paying what I did.

Congrats on your acquisition.

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

OldYeller002.jpg

This is a 'behind' view. The yellow parts are much to bright for meadowlark yellow. Previous owner said that it was maroon, but there is white on the car too. Plus the information from the early registry guide said it was white.

HappyHour

Well its about time you grabbed one CougarCJ!! Congrats...and I liked that reverse dig about the post without pix. :grin:

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

From the front

This car is a much bigger project than I let on...
GTCSprogress002.jpg

This is my canvas that I am starting out with.

Door hinges are rebuilt and doors hung.
Front suspension pieces layed out.
Converting to disc brakes, there was already a 1970 Mustang disc brake conversion included with this car. :grin:
Those are 1969 351 coils, with one full coil cut off. This will put the front end about 2 inches lower. Rebuilt power steering ready to install. That is a 15/16" sway bar that a Granada generously gave up at the auto recyclers (direct bolt it). That radiator core support is going to be replaced.
Making a list of replacement suspension components and brake parts.

Next round of plans include a 24 inch clamp in radiator, and a good used 302/C4 combination.

PFSlim

My recommendation is to take as many photo's as you can during your restoration. When you get through, folks will be amazed!! Congrats on your purchase. Now the madness begins. Oh .... you weren't planning on sleeping again for a year or so were you?!!

Paul

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

My recommendation is to take as many photo's as you can during your restoration. When you get through, folks will be amazed!! Congrats on your purchase. Now the madness begins. Oh .... you weren't planning on sleeping again for a year or so were you?!!

Paul

Yes, pictures as I go. Ordered the brake parts this afternoon. Need to double check that suspension list and do my comparison shopping.

I should be spending time on that green Cougar in the car port. It needs: headliner, windshield replaced, pull the engine and repair the damaged clutch fork, install updated headlight wiring with relay. etc.