• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 68 Highland Green GT/CS

Mosesatm

http://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/2180159439.html

If this is the same car (and I'm 99% sure it is) the thing is an absolute disaster and anyone interested in it may want to contact me before looking at it.

I think it's the same car because of the air cleaner, the 10-spokes, and the rearward misalignment of the scoop script.

Someone on this site purchased it a couple years ago from our friend in Dallas without first inspecting it, but the seller assured him everything was perfect. The buyer was extremely unhappy when the car arrived because it basically had a dealer paint job over a trashed body.

I can send photos to anyone who wants to see issues with the car.
Here's an example

Attachments

• 8451_3.jpg
    8451_3.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 279

thymless1

Hi, yes I am the person who purchased the car from one of your local "honest" dealers in Texas...however, I am going to be totally honest about the sale and have sent tons of pictures showing the cars faults and am willing to take a huge loss....why are you trying to default me by putting this add in the forum?? If anyone wants to see photos, they can surely email me personally..I don't need you to help me sell or not to sell my car!
Thanks for???

BCCCA

I think it is great the members of this forum post information about cars that have issues. A lot of sellers do not disclose certain issues. It is nice to be able to ask people on this forum about cars and receive good quality information back. It is also nice to be able to have people you have never even met offer to go and check out a vehicle for you and be able to trust them that the information is correct.

rvrtrash

We try to protect everyone from getting a car they won't be happy with, and one of the ways we do it is to bring problems to light. Your ad didn't mention any negatives, so a fair warning went out. If you intend as you say, that everything would be disclosed, you shouldn't be offended that disclosure was provided. If anything, your ad received a wider audience, and one that's specifically interested in your type of car. We have a lot of people here that take total wrecks and restore them, so would not shy away from a car such as yours, providing both parties thought the deal was fair for the condition it was in. Your response though, will probably limit that opportunity now only to those that can personally inspect the car.

Steve

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Attached is the ad you posted on eBay for all to see and read after you received the car. I just happened to remember it because it's a highland green car and created this post to make sure the members of this site had all the facts before they shelled out their hard-earned money.

Heck, I'll buy the car from you right now for $10K.

Attachments

• 1968-MUSTANG-GT-CS-BUYERS-BEWARE.pdf
    149.1 KB · Views: 182

thymless1

offer of $10,000

Sure show me the money! Sure I should have had it inspected, but the jerk who sold me the car was a dealer in mustangs and he and his father told me the car was in excellent condition, and no need to spend money on an inspection. That was his honest opinion about the car! So who do you believe? Yeah I was surprized when the car was not close to what they said, and yes I spent over $12k on lawyer fees, just to be told that all I would get is a piece of paper that said they might have to pay...I paid $16900 for the car w/shipping...If you have the 10k..then come get it! First come first served! My loss your gain. With 3k to 5K invested you will have a very nice 20k car! Yeah its sour grapes/spilt milk, and a ton of regret, with this much loss of hard earned cash.....but for somone it is still a good "project"??
Skip
352-789-8198

Ruppstang

Sure show me the money! Sure I should have had it inspected, but the jerk who sold me the car was a dealer in mustangs and he and his father told me the car was in excellent condition, and no need to spend money on an inspection. That was his honest opinion about the car! So who do you believe? Yeah I was surprized when the car was not close to what they said, and yes I spent over $12k on lawyer fees, just to be told that all I would get is a piece of paper that said they might have to pay...I paid $16900 for the car w/shipping...If you have the 10k..then come get it! First come first served! My loss your gain. With 3k to 5K invested you will have a very nice 20k car! Yeah its sour grapes/spilt milk, and a ton of regret, with this much loss of hard earned cash.....but for somone it is still a good "project"??
Skip
352-789-8198

Man I feel bad for you. That is why we here try to watch out for stuff like this. Rather than taking such a loss may be you should spend a little time and cash and fix it up so you can injoy it. I know it is hard to get past a bad deal but it was not the cars falt. Best of luck Marty

thymless1

Not about the money! Still great at only $10000K

Hi and thanks for the support, but at the moment I am restoring a '63 split window, and just purchased a one owner '68 Vette convert 427 4 speed, Money is not the issure, it's time. When I purchased this car for my son, who wanted it in the worst way, I was looking for a nicely restored car as advertised! Anyway..not about the money anymore, just looking for someone who would like to fix her up and enjoy her and at only 10K its the best one out there for the price! I guess the person who offered the 10K was only doing that to make himself feel good and belittle me.
Its a great car for this little money, one sold that needed complete restor for 8K not to long ago! So here it is: $10,000 take's it! 352-789-8198

Midnight Special

Hi and thanks for the support, but at the moment I am restoring a '63 split window, and just purchased a one owner '68 Vette convert 427 4 speed, Money is not the issure, it's time. When I purchased this car for my son, who wanted it in the worst way, I was looking for a nicely restored car as advertised! Anyway..not about the money anymore, just looking for someone who would like to fix her up and enjoy her and at only 10K its the best one out there for the price! I guess the person who offered the 10K was only doing that to make himself feel good and belittle me.
Its a great car for this little money, one sold that needed complete restor for 8K not to long ago! So here it is: $10,000 take's it! 352-789-8198

Skip, kindly add me to the list of people here who feel terrible for your ordeal with hopes that everything will work out BEST for you in the end. Best wishes also on your Corvette projects!

I feel a need however, to defend the process here when it comes to pointing out flawed cars, regardless of how it may offend some buyers and sellers. I joined this site in '05 with nothing more than intense enthusiasm and love of appeal ala GT/CS! With $$ in hand and eager to buy - I shared some cars (as advertised) that I thought were "Cats Meow" and... as you would guess, immediately felt "belittled" (with a first impression of; "What a bunch of condescending a-holes!!").

But had I not their red flags slap me in the face, I'd a' made some serious mistakes! Ebay at the time was full of hyped-priced, incorrect cars and unethical sellers trying to pass off clones and all manor of butcher jobs as investments. Many who bought those cars signed up here later only to realize their intensity of being screwed, while providing a sad spectacle for all of us to endure in a hobby that is supposed to be rewarding!

Here-go, the passion in preventing these situations wherever possible. With time and experience, most of those same "belittlers" culminated in the best of friends and fellowship at all levels ownership, preservation and pleasure.

We're all just trying to look out for everyone where we can, that's all...
I've become ever grateful for this place to learn something new every day :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

No, I'm serious but I have to figure a way to find the time to get there to look at it. I'll PM you about it.

Edit.
Well, no I won't because you haven't turned on your PM option. Please give us a way to contact you.
Thanks

thymless1

Sold 1968 g/t c/s

Well everyone here can be totally at rest...the MUSTANG G/T C/S was sold today to a collector that felt the car was not as bad as I had described it or even as bad as he expected! When I showed him everything neg. about the car, he just said...ok, ok, ok..So I am sure thats a relief for everyone who was so concerned about not letting this one be someone's nightmare!! Wow what a feeling that must be for those who had something to say about a car that they never inspected or even viewed! Not to worry, this is my last post on this sight and be restasurred I will never return! I would have never sold it to someone who slammed the car or me..so to that guy...too bad you missed this car...it was a super buy for the guy who did get it and the best part is ....he know's it! $10 k..got it!

Powell

It's too bad that he doesn't understand what this family site is all about. We will continue to help others out with all the knowledge this site members have to offer.

Ralph

franklinair

Agreed. I believe Arlie was looking out for the best interest of the GT/CS community as a whole, and unfortunately thymless1 took it as a personal attack on his integrity- even though he realized he had been scammed by the outfit that had sold him an inferior car. I don't think thymless1 would have perpetuated the misrepresentation of the car as evidenced by his scathing report on the condition of the car once he got it.

Neil

hookedtrout

It's just too bad we didn't know more about the car before he purchased it and saved him the hassle by doing what we do.

It wasn't about dogging him it was about protecting the next buyer so they didn't go through the same frustration he did. Gotta respect that!

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Well everyone here can be totally at rest...the MUSTANG G/T C/S was sold today to a collector that felt the car was not as bad as I had described it or even as bad as he expected! When I showed him everything neg. about the car, he just said...ok, ok, ok..So I am sure thats a relief for everyone who was so concerned about not letting this one be someone's nightmare!! Wow what a feeling that must be for those who had something to say about a car that they never inspected or even viewed! Not to worry, this is my last post on this sight and be restasurred I will never return! I would have never sold it to someone who slammed the car or me..so to that guy...too bad you missed this car...it was a super buy for the guy who did get it and the best part is ....he know's it! $10 k..got it!

It wasn't a collector who purchased the car. It was a flipper.

68 special

Too bad he got burned, but, that's what this website is for, to help potential buyers from making costly mistakes and to offer a vast, priceless amount of knowledge. Hopefully he knows what and where to look at on the Vettes he purchased. Maybe he knows chevys better than Fords. His son has the right idea tho.

Bret