CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Go Back   CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums

1968 High Country Special

admin’s CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums Photo Gallery
1968 High Country Special
YEAR: 1968 HCS
ENGINE: 289-2V 8-cyl (code C)
TRANS: C4 Auto (code W)
COLOR: Highland Green (code R)
DSO: 51 (Denver)
OPTIONS: PS, PDB, AM Radio
COMMENTS:
I bought the car from the original owner in Boulder, CO. He had bought it from a dealer in Golden, CO when he was 18. The car had been parked outside and not driven for quite a few years. After leaving notes on the windshield for about 2 years I finally saw it driving down the street on my way to work. I quickly turned around and followed him to his office (I probably scared him to death!) and as it turns out we were both in the same profession. Well that little connection was all it really took. He said he needed to sell it but wanted to make sure the person who bought it would appreciate and restore it rather than just sell it to make a fast buck. I guess I convinced him I was that person because 2 days later I drove it home.

The body needs the most work due to surface rust and deep rust at the rear quarter panels. Other than that the body is very straight and all the "special" components are there and in good shape. As I restore it I plan to photograph my progress and document it on this site.
jonhanna3.jpg

Click Thumbnail to Enlarge. Full size image pages.
Gallery Statistics
Member: admin
Created: 11/26/2005 04:48 PM
Last Modified: 03/01/2007 08:24 AM
Views: 3187
Comments: 2

Comments
Author Comment Date
John McGilvary It is going to look very cool when restored. I'll be looking for the pics. I hope you will keep it original. 03/01/2007
hotrodgrany It will be nice when completly restored, can't wait to see pictures, would be nice to see this in progress as you restore it. 02/09/2007