CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Go Back   CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums

Perk's 68 Candyapple Red J Code GT/CS

Perkchiro’s CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums Photo Gallery
Perk's 68 Candyapple Red J Code GT/CS
ENGINE: 302 J code
TRANS: C-4 automatic
COLOR: Originally Lime Gold, Now Candy apple Red
DSO: 75 Phoenix
OPTIONS: PS,Selectaire, Interior Decor Group,Tinted Glass. Produced on April 3, 1968
COMMENTS: I found this car on the internet, for sale by a broker in NY. I bought it and had it shipped by truck to Tulsa, OK and I trailered it back to Missouri. I began the restoration in 2002. I totally dismantled the car, media blasted it and reassembled it, replacing or refurbishing every nut, bolt and part. I rebuilt the engine and I had the transmission rebuilt. I performed all the work myself except for the paint, bodywork, headliner and upholstery and transmission rebuild. I had the machine work on the engine performed at O'Reilly's in Springfield, MO. I just finished the car in November, 2006. I'm having alot of fun driving it and attending cruise in's. I won a second place in the All Ford Show 67-68 class last year in Springfield, Missouri
Mustang Pictures June 2008 023 RS.jpg

Click Thumbnail to Enlarge. Full size image pages.
Gallery Statistics
Member: Perkchiro
Created: 02/18/2007 08:57 PM
Last Modified: 06/22/2008 09:42 PM
Views: 2531
Comments: 7

Comments
Author Comment Date
Perkchiro Thanks for the kind compliments Joe. You've got a jewel in that car of yours and should be very proud. I don't want to get in a race with you however, I'd be sure to lose!!! 03/18/2007
joedls Steve,

What a beautiful example of a GT/CS!!! You've done a wonderful job with the restoration. You should be proud.
02/22/2007
Perkchiro John, Don, Paul and Jeff: Thanks so much for the nice compliments. It's good to have friends on this site, and the help I recieved from many of you made my restoration much easier! I appreciate it!!!!!!

Steve
02/22/2007
miller511 Steve,

The car looks great. I really like the way the engine turned out!!

Can you let me know what you used as a finish on the exhaust manifolds?

Thanks, Jeff
02/21/2007
PFSlim Good to see car Perk. It looks great!!! Can't wait to see it in person sometime. I love the candy apple red!! 02/19/2007
68gt390 Steve;
Car looks great. Every time I see photo's of other folks cars in primer it reminds me of the shape my CS was in at one time. We're suppose to be up in the 50's by the end of this week. I just might get some road time maybe.

Don
02/19/2007
John McGilvary Nice job, you should be proud of your effort. Very cool loking CS. John 02/18/2007