• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007 GT/CS Production Numbers?

Z28ZL1

Anyone know the production numbers of the 2007 GT/CS? I heard it was 4000 then another website said 8000 for the 2007 year. Also, I was going thru some car sites like Autotrader, Cars.com, CarMax, etc.. and I've see 2007 Cali Specials for sale (used ones). Don't people out there know that these cars are special and will be rare as time goes by? Seems people are buying them and then after a while selling them for whatever reason. Anyway, I'm gonna hang onto mine forever.

Last edited:

Caligirl

Hi, I whole heartedly agree. I love my Cali. I also have been trying to find out how many were produced this model year but can't seem to find the answer. Just to share how "special" these cars are, I was in a car show a few weekends ago and the 2005-2007 model class was too large so they split the class into 3 for each model year. My car was the only Cali Spec there. She was up against a 07 Shelby GT500 (which was also in our car club) a Shelby GT and a vista blue GT. She took FIRST PLACE beating out both Shelby's. I was sooooo proud.

Linda

hotrodgrany

Anyone know the production numbers of the 2007 GT/CS? I heard it was 4000 then another website said 8000 for the 2007 year. Also, I was going thru some car sites like Autotrader, Cars.com, CarMax, etc.. and I've seen
2007 Cali Specials for sale (used ones). Don't people out there know that
these cars are special and will be rare as time goes by? Seems people are
buying them and then after a while selling them for whatever reason. Anyway, I'm gonna hang onto mine forever.

I agree with you, someone was selling his just so he could get a Shelby GT 500.
As soon as anyone get number please post. My husband and I checked out the Shelby GT's and he wasn't impressed. All I know is he loves this new GT/CS just as much as I do and there are days he loves driving it. He always says honey, you need to take this car to car shows instead of your 04 red/black Mustang GT convert. All he can talk about is ,my wife has a Mustang California Special GT.

OP
OP
Z28ZL1

Z28ZL1

The Cali Special and Shelby GT (not the Shelby 500) are basically the same car. Has the same low stance, front and rear facia, etc....I was surprised to find this out recently and had to go look at an Shelby GT. Just add the side scoops to the Shelby GT and you have yourself a C/S.....and the Shelby GT is more higher priced than the Cali, so I think the Cali Special is a better bargain/buy. Has the same 300 hp rating too.

hotrodgrany

The Cali Special and Shelby GT (not the Shelby 500) are basically the same car. Has the same low stance, front and rear facia, etc....I was surprised to find this out recently and had to go look at an Shelby GT. Just add the side scoops to the Shelby GT and you have yourself a C/S.....and the Shelby GT is more higher priced than the Cali, so I think the Cali Special is a better bargain/buy. Has the same 300 hp rating too.

I know and I agree with you totaly

obsidianspider

There are quite a few differences between the Shelby GT and GT/CS. The Shelby GT has a lot of FRPP stuff on it from the factory.

mwilson7

Actually if you look really carefully the GT/CS and the Shelby GT are very different cars. Besides the obvious Shelby bling and FRPP equipment the GT doesn't have the same seats, pedals (sport pedals are standard on the GT), rear spoiler delete (now available in 08 on the GT/CS), exhaust tips (Although the Shelby GT arrives at the dealer with the FRPP it is built with base tips). The GT also comes with the tire inflator kit while the GT/CS comes with the mini spare. For 2007 airbags were also standard on the GT while optional on the GT/CS.

I guess you could say they are the same but different kind of like in 68.....:wink:

Dougxox

On the numbers, they most likely will not be out till later this fall, sometime in Oct or Nov.
I looked at the Shelby GT, there are a lot of similarities, some things I have added that are on the Shelby but I'll take my CS any day. The shelby has a funky hood scoop that is rivited on, looks cheap to me.

audiotubes

The dealer I bought my 2007 GT/CS from told me only 7000 had been built. That was in April, and I agree that the final number may not be available until this fall.
Dougxox, beautiful color on your CS. So many were either black or white. I got the fire red metallic, and it is also rare like the blue. It certainly makes heads turn when I drive it down the road!

hotrodgrany

The dealer I bought my 2007 GT/CS from told me only 7000 had been built. That was in April, and I agree that the final number may not be available until this fall.
Dougxox, beautiful color on your CS. So many were either black or white. I got the fire red metallic, and it is also rare like the blue. It certainly makes heads turn when I drive it down the road!
I know I am one of those that has a black CS, but I prefer it to the silver 05Mustang GT I had, yet you have to remember I also have a red fire metallic 04 Mustang GT convert with black top and love it just as you. I have nothing against most colors, and by the way Dougxox, you have an awsome looking Stang. There is something about metallic paint that stands out better. Has anyone ever seen the new color that they offered for the GT's, Alloy Metallic. Is is a very dark color, one needs to go to Ford.com and check the colors of Mustangs and you will see what I am refering to. This would have been my next color, if unable get one in black, as at the time ,I was set on 5 speed and got it. This, to me ,is the only way to go, love it. Some one saying something to the affect , that they don't offer rear spoilers on the 07's GT/CS,well I beg to differ, this is false, mine does and have seen others as well. If I can find pictures I have taken I will post. I think they may be refering to the 07 Shelby GT's instead.