• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD 1968 HCS Royal Maroon 289 3 speed

Tequila

I also noticed the wiper washer fluid hoses missing as well as the hood turn signal harness. Maybe it is routed differently and I just don't see it.

Ruppstang

Hey can a guy ask for help? whats wrong with this car? YES I am the one trying to sell it..

New to Mustangs and Fords and you all are the experts and I see you have opinions on this car and whats not right, I would like to see if I can make things right before the next owner gets it. hate to have stuff wrong.

No negative stuff please trying to be humble here, kind of a newb

Hats off to you for trying to make it right. There is a lot of experience here and we will help you. I would get the important stuff first like the shock tower braces. It has to drive badly with out them.

Marty

OP
OP
speedy02

speedy02

I have attached a few pictures.

1. Like everyone else the Support braces
2. Bolts on front and rear of both shock towers. I would say its missing coil covers.
3. Driverside looks to have a crack on the tower brackets.
4. No hood ground. (Copper strap STRAP, RADIO RECEIVER HOOD BONDING)https://www.npdlink.com/product/str...h_terms=hood%2Bground&top_parent=200001&year=
5. Missing Rear Hood Bumpers
6. No wiring harness for turn signals in hood.
7. Looks like it has a 65 or 66 window crank.
8. Not sure if the front fender bolt is correct I have seen some with a rubber bumper like the one in the image of the blue fender.
9. HCS decal Like everyone else. But the passenger side scoop is out of alignment.

Attachments

• FrontBumper.jpg
    FrontBumper.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 46
  • HCS.jpg
    HCS.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 54
  • HCSinterior.jpg
    HCSinterior.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 53
  • HCSunderhood.jpg
    HCSunderhood.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 56

Mosesatm

The emergency brake handle is inexpensive and easy to replace.
Do you have the front coil spring covers?
Is that a high capacity gas tank?

CougarCJ

I will try to critique your text.
That paragraph where you say: All New Interior, Beautiful Base Clear Royal Maroon Paint, Rebuilt Front And Rear Suspension. All Floors, Frame Front and Rear, Trunk, Aprons, Torques, Inner Rockers, Inner Qtrs., Etc. Everything Solid and Straight On This Car. All Gaps and Everything Straight and Clean, ETC.

This leads me to think that everything in that paragraph is "All New". Floors, frame rails, aprons, etc. all replaced? Really needs pictures of the under carriage to either show quality of repairs or proof of originality.

Mention the non original engine and modifications. Looks like dual exhaust and maybe Edelbrock carburetor? You added several GT components as well as deluxe instrument cluster/trim.
You might want to mention that these items deviate from the Marti Report. Say something like "car has been enhanced with 14 inch styled steel wheels with GT caps. Deluxe wood grain dash trim, dual exhaust and GT rear valance. Hurst 3 speed shifter, wood grain steering wheel, etc." Still has manual drum brakes and no power steering. etc.

69NewKidd68

Sold

Thank you all for the help, the new owner is very excited to have this car and will take it to the next level as it deserves.