• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 LED Halos

jamoaus

Now before you shoot me down for not staying stock original.. wanted to share the switch to halos. I was on the fence for a while about whether I do halos or not, then my lights needed replacing so decided to pull the trigger.

So I upgraded the light harness and installed the halos so that they would come on with ignition to now have DRLs. The lights are much brighter at night and the multi colors are there just for show (i mostly keep them on white).

I’m still undecided whether I keep them or go back to normal headlights or disconnect the halos. Like it or hate it?

d1104063f2b72956efd9e284a4f7cf34.jpg

a2fa9e37da2d982cd51cabd249284368.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

franklinair

Not for me. I like bright headlights, but the halos are a distraction. (Shouldn't the Turn Signal lights be Amber?)

Neil

Ruppstang

I am a concours guy so they are not for me. There are a lot of advantages to the brighter LED head lights. I converted some Ford script head light that had burned out to LED for our unrestored HCS that we drive. They are certainly better.

Attachments

• 2007-08-23 02.45.15.jpg
    2007-08-23 02.45.15.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 2007-08-24 01.44.44.jpg
    2007-08-24 01.44.44.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
OP
OP
jamoaus

jamoaus

Not for me. I like bright headlights, but the halos are a distraction. (Shouldn't the Turn Signal lights be Amber?)

Neil

They are both. They switch to amber when turn signals are on.

OP
OP
jamoaus

jamoaus

I am a concours guy so they are not for me. There are a lot of advantages to the brighter LED head lights. I converted some Ford script head light that had burned out to LED for our unrestored HCS that we drive. They are certainly better.

Nice! I really like these. The brighter lights for sure are the reason I went down this road. Figured I’d try the halos out.

OP
OP
jamoaus

jamoaus

Not my thing, but it is YOUR car. If they turn your crank, that is all that matters. :grin:

Yeah I’m still on the fence to be honest. Part of me likes it for the DRLs, not necessarily for the colors. But yeah, still undecided whether I keep them or not.