• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS magazine article

bbeatty

Does anyone subscribe to Auto Restoration Magazine?

I read on another forum they have just started to do a series of in depth articles on the restoration of a GT/CS. I tried to find a copy of the magazine over lunch but my local Barnes and Noble didn't have one.

Here's their website and a link to the back issue page (see the "Tools and Tear Down Time" paragraph). They indicate they've started a Mustang project but they don't mention if it's a GT/CS.

http://www.autorestorermagazine.com/ar/

http://www.shopanimalnetwork.com/product.asp?0=228&1=310&3=960

Robbie273

Yes, I subscribe to that magazine. The current project Mustang is a GT/CS and it started with the Jan 2005 issue. It is a great magazine and I would recommend it to anyone who works on their own cars. The GT/CS has been in the last three issues and will continue until completed. As of the March issue they are taking apart the interior. I hope the project never ends because I look forward to every issue to pick up points for my own GT/CS.

OP
OP
B

bbeatty

I just received a few back issues and I must say I enjoyed this magazine. Auto Restorer isn't specific to any make or era but just has great techniques and advice that would apply to a lot of situations. This magazine is a lot like the Hemming's Mustang magazine rather than a glossy ad filled magazine like Mustang Monthly.

The article on the GT/CS is also very fun. In the first installment of the series (the only one I have right now), they talked about tools needed and started to disassemble the outside of the car. They struggled a bit explaining the fog lights and tail lights but included a lot of good pictures of each as well.

All in all, if you can find a copy, I think anyone would enjoy this magazine.