• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shifter Boot - 4 Speed

68gt390

Help!!!!
Anybody got a good idea on how to get the rubber shifter boot on my 4 speed without having to take the whole thing apart and bring it from the bottom. Just need to get it over the reverse lock out ring at the top.

Thanks

Don ???

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Welp, guess no body else out there has a 4 speed? Thanks anyway. I'll do the best I can at this point. Have tried WD-40, vaseline etc. no luck without splitting the rubber boot and that just won't work.

Don :'(

bish

The only way I know is to remove the pin that holds the reverse ring onto the shifter. But, when you that, it's a pain to get the wire that pin holds inside the shifter hooked back up. If you go to that trouble, you might as well replace the rubber shifter bushings that rot with age, it will make a big difference in the quality of the shifter. Ther rebuild kit costs $16.00 at NPD