• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Another 390, 4 speed car for Sale

Mosesatm

I don't mean to be critical, especially since it's such a good looking car, but what is so difficult about installing stripes properly? Don't you think whomever opened the box and laid out the stripes wondered what the little stripes were for? Just extras? And what's with the $25 wheels?

Fix those 2 things and it's a show stopper!

Steve? It'd make a nice bookend and you now have room!!!

Midnight Special

With a June build date- should it have the recessed reflectors on the rear quarters? Mike pointed that out to me a few minutes ago... Have the quarters been changed or??...

Mosesatm

With a June build date- should it have the recessed reflectors on the rear quarters? Mike pointed that out to me a few minutes ago... Have the quarters been changed or??...

Good point. Maybe rusted out and replaced?

Potential bidders certainly need to ask about rust. There are no floor pictures and the engine picture is of no use. Did you notice the seller doesn't mention rust or structural integrity.

That's Ok...Steve knows how to fix rust!

somethingspecial

Thinking like a cop!

I noticed the qtr. reflectors and thought, Qtr. panel change or (Here is the cop thought) a VIN switch. It IS a beautiful car, and I would wan't to personally inspect it before bidding. It may be as simple as a Qtr. Panel change. As stated above. Ask the seller. If it is unknown, Have the state police, or DMV do a VIN verification. It would be a shame if a VIN switch occurred. Before paying top $$$ for this one, one would want to be sure.
NICE CAR FOR SURE. Mike

John McGilvary

(IMO) This Mustang looks good from a distance but I would have to;

> See the Marti Report.
> Look in the trunk.
> Question the stripes and rear markers.
> See a front and rear shot of the car.
> Closely check the engine compartment, and undercarrage.

>>> To many pictures that show nothing <<<

John

somethingspecial

I Emailed the seller about the Qtrs. and asked about rust. I left for two hours and the auction was closed early by the seller. Said it was ended early because of an error in the min. bid or reserve price. That is strange. Oh Well. Mike

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Mike;
That's what I love about this site, the "GT/CS Police" are always on duty. You would think folks selling a CS on ebay would realize that by now.

Don :grin:

somethingspecial

"pull Over To The Side Of The Road"

"Excuse me Sir/ma'am, May I please see your License, Registration, Proof of Insurance, and your Marti Report. The Reason I pulled you over is you were seen driving your GT/CS without a Smile on your Face!!!!!!!!! LOL.

The seller wrote me back and gave me his phone #. This was before he cancelled the auction. I tried but got his machine. I will try again tomorrow. I will submit my report as soon as the investigation is complete, and keep you all posted on what I find out. Mike

rvrtrash

Man, go to work for a few hours and look what I miss! FYI, this car was here in our classifieds a few months back. I remember it because it was the same colors as mine and Salt Lake isn't really that far from here (1 full days drive). I think he was asking around $30K or so for it.

Steve

And I now have room to keep all my cars under cover and not store one outside and that's all----unless the right deal comes around of course. :wink:

Steve

John McGilvary

"Excuse me Sir/ma'am, May I please see your License, Registration, Proof of Insurance, and your Marti Report. The Reason I pulled you over is you were seen driving your GT/CS without a Smile on your Face!!!!!!!!! LOL.

The seller wrote me back and gave me his phone #. This was before he cancelled the auction. I tried but got his machine. I will try again tomorrow. I will submit my report as soon as the investigation is complete, and keep you all posted on what I find out. Mike

Yes sir, officer Mike sir. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I only live about 30 miles from Salt Lake. If you want to PM me his phone #
I'll call and get the info. to aid in your investagation. :grin:

John

speedy02

hmm I wonder if he sold it or if its going to be re listed on ebay????